Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 01:43 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,046,764 times

Advertisements

uh huh.

If you're gonna fake em, at least don't sound like a real estate agent.

I see some reviews that read like a biography.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 05:42 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
I can't find a bad review on anyone. In my little town of 12,000 there are 250 agents listed, almost all of them complete strangers to me. Folks, if you're looking for an agent online, I'm thinking you stand a good chance of being fooled if you're looking at any of the big real estate sites.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:49 AM

8,543 posts, read 14,020,436 times
I saw a negative review of a local agent recently on Yelp. Also, a few years ago I was paying Zillow for their premier agent program and my sales rep flat out told me that if I was paying them to advertise that they would delete a negative review from their site were I to get one.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:17 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,913,903 times
Okay, after reading, I moseyed on over there, and sure enough, one of the agents I know had reviews that appeared to be penned by the same person. Writing style is hard to hide. So, I explored some more names......and yeah......it was more like, really? All of these people are 5 stars? I saw one bad review, but the agent left a beautiful reply, that also looked staged.

I've never had anyone tell me they found their agent on Zillow. Never.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:38 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,046,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Also, a few years ago I was paying Zillow for their premier agent program and my sales rep flat out told me that if I was paying them to advertise that they would delete a negative review from their site were I to get one.
That's cool!

I could use this as ammo on listing presentations if anyone ever brings up zillow crap.

While searching the web, I read about someone who was trying to write a legitimately negative review on zillow, and the review never showed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
I've never had anyone tell me they found their agent on Zillow. Never.
Unfortunately, some people do pick an agent based on zillow and trulia reviews.

You want to see disregard for Code of ethics..... Zillow is it.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:32 AM

19 posts, read 24,550 times
I was asked to do a review of an agent on zillow and they as much as told me it had to be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals