Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 01:24 PM

174 posts, read 396,494 times

Advertisements

I have used them. One was for a large listing on 8 acres, the other was just for a large high end home. The first video turned out great, the second time not so much.

Both video guys used the DJII Phantom Quad Copter with a GoPro 3 camera attached. The biggest difference was one had the gimbal mount and the other did not. The GIMBAL mount smooths things out quite a bit and allows for easier long panning shots.

I am pretty savvy on the tech. side of things so I asked if I could just get the raw footage and edit the video myself. I will definitely use it again, but I am only trying to offer this service to my higher end listings.

The videos can be tracked down on my YouTube page if curious and I will say the 2nd time we were battling some wind, so I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

The TourFactory provider in the area I'm at, has one as well and offers aerial photography of the front of the home for an additional cost, but I haven't used him. I have heard mixed reviews from other agents regarding it.

-Trent in AZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 09:34 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,045,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
unacceptably shaky when it was moving.
If they didn't use a gimbal, the video can still be smoothed out with the warp stabilizer in Premiere Pro.
It stabilizes the video, and crops the edges, so you get a smaller angle of view, but loads better than shaking.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:01 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,993,881 times
I like the idea of aerial photos, but buyers rarely look at virtual tours so I can't imagine they would take the time to watch the video.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:15 PM

174 posts, read 396,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
I like the idea of aerial photos, but buyers rarely look at virtual tours so I can't imagine they would take the time to watch the video.
Probably the best written post in here. I rarely look at virtual tours of listings on the MLS, but I do utilize them. However, I only use them for a social media blast or a selling point of an additional service I offer to my clients that presents a professional look. Plus Tour Factory does offer some good looking flyers and good data to email your clients with syndication results.

I see the value in the emailed results and flyers compared to the actual virtual tour.

Trent in AZ

Old 05-20-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
I tracked hits on my last virtual tour, and you are right.

But it's still something we can use to fool the seller into thinking we do more for them, even if those things are not effective.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:57 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post

But it's still something we can use to fool the seller into thinking we do more for them, even if those things are not effective.
Why are "we" trying to fool the seller?

I have a seller who insists that I send out a postcard to inform the other owners in a subdivision that their home is for sale. Around here, almost everyone knows what's going on in real time anyway. It's not effective around here to do so and I told the seller exactly that. I'm actually ready to fire them. They had a painting commissioned to paint their home and won't let me use photos of the exterior of the house, I have to use a picture of the painting.

This seller got a postcard from an agent that has another listing in the same subdivision. It has a 1 inch square picture of the home and the rest of it is all about the agent (on both sides). Sell your house? I'd rather get more listings with a pretty picture of me that's bigger than the picture of the house.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:15 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,660,310 times
Interesting, the comments on the virtual tours not getting looked at -- we found that the lower-range houses had the highest views, the most expensive ones had a spike when it was first listed (as the seller sent it to all their friends and family :-) but other than that, they weren't viewed any more than the low-end stuff.

I ran into one video a few weeks ago that made me want to tear my hair out. Long, loving shots drooling over design features such as vases, unique chairs, art work, etc. -- and after 8 minutes (8 MINUTES?! Five minutes too long!) I STILL didn't have a clue what the house was like. Then another one must have been taken with a flip phone with a flashlight on his head -- walking from room to room, turning around, and this beam of light swinging wildly. Another one had an agent giving a tour who kept saying "this amazing___" and "that amazing____" and flipped her hair out of her face ever 15 seconds, couldn't tell you anything about the house, but the hair flips are burned in my memory.

If you can't do a good video -- don't do one at all.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Why are "we" trying to fool the seller?

I mean when you're on a listing presentation and you say you'll do this and that more than any other agent, just to get the listing.

"I'll make a virtual tour of your home to attract more buyers"

Reality: poorly made video slideshow that doesn't add value.

I've seen some agents' prelisting package which mention use of tourfactory. Tourfactory is terrible, but the seller doesn't know better.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:21 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,169,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
They had a painting commissioned to paint their home and won't let me use photos of the exterior of the house, I have to use a picture of the painting.
haha, wow! That sounds pretty unique.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:19 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,993,881 times
But does the painting come with the house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals