Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 04:02 PM

265 posts, read 405,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlady09 View Post
I don't want to cause a problem for our agent. I don't want him to lose his job. The real estate market here is very bad. He's just a really bad agent. BTW I was an administrative assistant for a large RE agency, so I know agents are a bit quirky.
Wow, sounds like your agent then is super lucky to at the least have 3 client right now (you and the 2 he mixed up with your sale). In a bad market, it's a shame that people have to deal with bad agents. People who are bad at their job (regardless of what that job is) really irritate me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 04:58 PM

729 posts, read 1,506,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlady09 View Post
I don't want to cause a problem for our agent. I don't want him to lose his job. The real estate market here is very bad. He's just a really bad agent. BTW I was an administrative assistant for a large RE agency, so I know agents are a bit quirky.
As a managing broker, if this was my agent, I would want to know. This is inexcusable

Old 08-17-2014, 10:25 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,404,836 times
Sellers are not present for final walkthrough. Quash the desire to get friendly with buyers. It's a business transaction, not a cocktail party with friends. Yes, leave the gift, nice touch.

No, your agent need not be present. Sorry you had that experience.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:38 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,049,195 times
I can empathize with you, but your agent is hilarious !

Old 08-18-2014, 04:16 AM

42 posts, read 80,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
I can empathize with you, but your agent is hilarious !
I have a great sense of humor, but buying and selling your home/house is not a laughing matter.

This is the 2nd AOS with this agent. We've been living out of boxes for 2.5 months. We lost $500 at the extended stay hotel, because I paid upfront. We've made an extra mtg payment, & rental payment. plus the knot in my stomach every time I see his name come up on my phone.

He is sloppy and inept. I do not find him hilarious.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:33 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,170,411 times
You could leave your gift to the buyers in the home. Contact the closing company to see if you can come in the day before to sign the docs so you won't have to be there for the closing.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:39 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,090,876 times
You have an attorney? Have him sit with you through the closing.

Or have the agent's broker sit with you. They are getting paid a handsome sum to ensure that everything goes smoothly.

You really should not try to go it alone. More "eyes" are not a bad thing......

Old 08-21-2014, 04:44 AM

42 posts, read 80,496 times
In PA we do not have an attorney. We use the Title/Abstract company to handle closing. I will see if the broker can attend. My husband is insisting on being here for the walk through. I am against it. I want to sign the papers and head south. We are not buying again so we are free.

My personal observation is that sloppiness, and poor client service is rampant these days. This is all across the board. Trying to turn on/off utilities, car insurance, banking, and picking up a pizza. No one seems to care. Oh well, we are almost done with this great big "pita". Thanks everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals