Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 9,629 times

Advertisements

So I recently just finished all of the requirements to obtain my real estate license and am having a hard time deciding what company is best for me. I am very interested in either Keller Williams or Re Max. Of course, each company makes their company appear the best so, I want opinions from actual employees I should say. Help !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 11:51 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,655 times
Usually new agents would go with Keller Williams.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:58 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,190,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Usually new agents would go with Keller Williams.
Ditto this. Keller Williams has classes for new agents - brokers like Remax, Realm, etc. are more for seasoned agents. The first months are a shocker for new agents because they are just realizing that there is a ton of things they don't know.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:44 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,135,442 times
I'm also a new RE agent, and I happen to be glad I didn't go with any big name brand company. I chose a broker who matches my visions as a real estate agent, and who I think does a lot for our community, and gives back whenever and wherever he can. He is very open minded, and has grown his business A LOT in the past couple of years. And I have to say that quite a few agents have come to him begging to work for his agency that are coming from other well known brands.

I would suggest to interview around, and see who feels like the best fit for you and your vision of yourself and your career. Keller Williams has lot of classes and trainings for new agents, but they are costly. So be forewarned.

Good luck with your decision and your career!!

Old 08-29-2014, 01:54 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,307,229 times
I am a RE/MAX Broker-Owner. Here is a statistic that comes from NAR: 80% of all newly licensed real estate agents churn within two years. That is they change offices or leave the business. 70% of all newly licensed real estate agents who join a RE/MAX churn within two years.
Facts are, if you are an entrepreneur and you want to go into business for yourself, but not by yourself, RE/MAX has a better retention history than the industry.
At my office, we run about a 50% success ratio. People who understand that real estate is a business and not a career or job succeed.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:36 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,970,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Ditto this. Keller Williams has classes for new agents - brokers like Remax, Realm, etc. are more for seasoned agents. The first months are a shocker for new agents because they are just realizing that there is a ton of things they don't know.
Not always true. I have a no fee plan set up for new agents and we offer one on one mentor ship programs as well as Peak Producer, Buffini, and scores of other oppotunities no Re/Max University.

OP, you should go meet the brokers and see which is a better fit for your financially. KW is a fine company and it may very well be them but meet the local owners and and then decide. I well second Tom here that KW has a much higher failure rate than Re/Max but that is part of their model. Re/Max has incredible support systems in place but each office is individually owned so again you need to interview them.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:25 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,417,668 times
Default please read

5 things your recruiting broker didn’t tell you about a career in real estate | Inman News

Old 08-29-2014, 09:59 PM

I tell everyone who enters my office door very similar words. As Tom Ferry says about REALTORS, there are the super-rich and then there are the rest. It's not always choice, but choice always matters.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:57 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,660,310 times
It's very difficult, from here, to push one or the other, since the offices can vary so wildly from area to area. Within Re/Max, there are better and not-so-good offices, which is also true for Keller Williams. In some towns, Re/Max rules. In others, Keller Williams blows away the competition. Also, you will find that the "flavor" of an office can change radically if there is a change in the managing broker/team leader, etc.

Nothing is permanent, so don't feel that you are making a "life-long" decision. If one doesn't work out, you can always go to the other one. Agents can be funny -- they are often willing to blame their lack of success on every other factor in the world other than the main one: They don't do the work necessary to succeed. People do not realize how hard the successful real estate agents work, and how much of an investment of time, energy and money is required in getting your business up and running -- they just see the list of closings the successful agents have and envy kicks in. Then it's something the managing broker didn't do (they can't make you sit down and do follow ups, or carve out time for lead generation), it's something the office didn't do, it's something . . . else. They go to another office, with a couple of years experience under their belt, a little wiser, a little more determined -- they might make it. And, they might not.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
It's very difficult, from here, to push one or the other, since the offices can vary so wildly from area to area. Within Re/Max, there are better and not-so-good offices, which is also true for Keller Williams. In some towns, Re/Max rules. In others, Keller Williams blows away the competition. Also, you will find that the "flavor" of an office can change radically if there is a change in the managing broker/team leader, etc.

Nothing is permanent, so don't feel that you are making a "life-long" decision. If one doesn't work out, you can always go to the other one. Agents can be funny -- they are often willing to blame their lack of success on every other factor in the world other than the main one: They don't do the work necessary to succeed. People do not realize how hard the successful real estate agents work, and how much of an investment of time, energy and money is required in getting your business up and running -- they just see the list of closings the successful agents have and envy kicks in. Then it's something the managing broker didn't do (they can't make you sit down and do follow ups, or carve out time for lead generation), it's something the office didn't do, it's something . . . else. They go to another office, with a couple of years experience under their belt, a little wiser, a little more determined -- they might make it. And, they might not.
Amen!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals