Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2014, 09:15 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,046,764 times

Advertisements

I get this spam sometimes from agents outside of my market area.
Based on the cc'd emails in the email header, it looks like they gathered all the emails from the MLS and blasted their listing or open house to everyone in southern california.

Thankfully my inbox is not overloaded with blasts like this. But I also wonder if it's even the slightest bit effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 06:31 AM

404 posts, read 897,949 times
Never.

If it's direct from an agent, after that all his mail will go into spam folder.
Same if it's from an emailing,-flyer-creating company.

Most of my receipt of spam-blasts are for listings that are not in my area, though.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:51 PM

777 posts, read 2,380,229 times
I first look for the 'unsubscribe' button, then immediately delete them. I closely monitor the MLS, I don't need an agent to email me listings, unless its an office exclusive.

I think agents do this so they can tell the seller they are being proactive and contacting all the local agents.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:00 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,997,648 times
We get a lot of Bay area clients for certain types of homes in my area. When I have one of those listings, I do send to agents in the Bay area. And I do get showings from them.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:23 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,663,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
I get this spam sometimes from agents outside of my market area.
Based on the cc'd emails in the email header, it looks like they gathered all the emails from the MLS and blasted their listing or open house to everyone in southern california.

Thankfully my inbox is not overloaded with blasts like this. But I also wonder if it's even the slightest bit effective.

Depends on the property. I think it's a bit more common for the high-end stuff that has longer days on market, and, frankly, a much smaller pool of clients to draw from. We can sell a $500K house in a couple of days. A $6M house . . . takes a little longer. We won't bother to send someone in one of our incoming markets an email on a $500K house. But we know, geographically, where many of our incoming residents are coming from, and if, for example, 10% of them are coming from Boston, then yes, we are going to send the high-end agents in Boston our listing. We're happy to work with referrals. :-)

I don't understand why real estate agents, of all people, get so torqued over email. "Delete" takes a quarter of a second. Sometimes I do linger over a particularly nice one, if for no other reason than to analyze WHY it caught my attention -- so we can try something similar. :-) But the idea of "don't crowd my in-box" is completely foreign to me. I run through about 400 emails a day. What's the big deal?

Old 09-28-2014, 04:50 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,046,764 times
I'm in los angeles, and I just got spammed today with an open house ...... in Georgia! haha

Was that you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
I don't understand why real estate agents, of all people, get so torqued over email. "Delete" takes a quarter of a second. Sometimes I do linger over a particularly nice one, if for no other reason than to analyze WHY it caught my attention -- so we can try something similar. :-) But the idea of "don't crowd my in-box" is completely foreign to me. I run through about 400 emails a day. What's the big deal?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:42 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,663,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
I'm in los angeles, and I just got spammed today with an open house ...... in Georgia! haha

Was that you?
God, I hope not -- that would have been a mistake! The only open house we had this weekend would not have been much interest to anyone in L.A.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals