Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:06 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times

Advertisements

Giving feedback is a common courtesy but like most realtors have mentioned it isn't always easy to do so. Buyers will often look at several houses and over the course of the day they tend to blend together unless they are really excited about one.
At an open house Saturday an agent came by with a buyer and while the buyer was checking out a section of the house the agent took me aside and said that it probably wasn't going to work since it was at the top of the budget and needed work. OK good enough.

If you get feedback the people are interested but if not then it usually comes down to one of 3 things, Price, Location, Condition.
Good luck the right buyer will come along for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 10:08 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
She has the best luck when she calls and catches them in person.
I hate it when an agent calls me for feedback. As others have noted, we are often working with more than one set of Buyers and showing multiple homes in one day. All the properties do tend to run together in our heads too. I especially hate it when I receive a phone call as soon as the listing agent receives notice that I was in their listing. Don't call me so quickly, I am still showing and I am not taking time out to answer your questions.

I almost always give feedback sent to me via email with a picture of the property or a link. Like others have said, we are not interested in answering full questionnaires on the property. Either the property works or doesn't work for our Buyer(s).

I once had a real estate agent's assistant call me three months after I showed their listing. She even said that I showed it three months ago. Really I closed on a property with my Buyer and we are obviously not coming back to make an offer

Old 12-17-2014, 10:21 AM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
I get it, I get it. Everyone is busy.

All the feedback we've received has been positive! That's why this process is so maddening. There have been a couple of comments about specific reasons why the buyers passed, and I can appreciate those and they don't offend me. Like...they really want 3.5 baths instead of 2.5. (but if they really want 3.5 why did they bother looking at my house when it clearly says 2.5?)
People go into homes that aren't quite what they want in beds/baths because there is something else about the house that looks interesting from the marketing. They think if it checks every other box, then maybe they can live without the extra full bath. Buying a home is typically about tradeoffs.

How about a link? Maybe the forum can give you feedback on your photos?

Old 12-17-2014, 10:42 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
I get it, I get it. Everyone is busy.

All the feedback we've received has been positive! That's why this process is so maddening. There have been a couple of comments about specific reasons why the buyers passed, and I can appreciate those and they don't offend me. Like...they really want 3.5 baths instead of 2.5. (but if they really want 3.5 why did they bother looking at my house when it clearly says 2.5?) One person said they wanted a privacy fence rather than the 4 ft fence we have the backyard. There hasn't been any bad feedback about layout or colors or smells or cleanliness or anything. That's something I'm interested in....like if I have a booger hanging out of my nose, I would want someone to clue me in before I walked around all day like that! Same with the house. Is something a turn-off that I'm not noticing?

My agent calls, emails and if she knows an agent well enough she will text them for feedback. And if it happens to be another agent from her own office, then of course she can catch them at the coffee pot at ask.
There are some agents to whom I would NEVER give negative feedback to, because they take umbrage, and I just don't care to deal with the call or email that follows.
So, they always get neutral or glowing feedback, even if it is a whopping lie. "Loved the breakfast room! The dead cat coordinated very nicely with the vintage wallpaper!"
I have had listings with tons of showings and great feedback and then only sold them when the price was right.

Forget feedback and figure out why it isn't selling. It will be a more productive way to proceed.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:47 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
As someone who sold a house during a strong buyers' market and suffered through 63 showings and 26 open houses, I can tell you that 99% of feedback is worthless. Buyers lie and agents lie as they want to be "nice".

Just keep showing it.
Your buyer is out there.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:15 PM

652 posts, read 1,304,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Excellent Post.
The checklist feedback forms, with requests for pricing analysis, whether my client has put the house in their "Top 3," whether my buyer is going to make an offer on a house soon, etc, are all out of line and I nearly never play along.
Specifically, pricing. The seller is paying their agent for a CMA. If they want me to do a CMA, they should have hired me.

Yes ... there's an agent here who asks "What does the house have to be priced at to sell in the next 60 days?" Not my job ...

Old 12-17-2014, 01:05 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy112 View Post
Yes ... there's an agent here who asks "What does the house have to be priced at to sell in the next 60 days?" Not my job ...
"It needs to be listed with an agent that knows how to price homes. Me, for example."

Old 12-18-2014, 06:42 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Keep showing. If you don't have any offers after dozen or so showings, my money is on you are priced too high.

By any chance, did your agent provide you with a price range for a recommended list price? And if so, where did you list within that range? I only ask because I have noticed Realtors recommend a list price and the home owner immediately jumps to the highest price in the range. By the time the home is known as "that over-priced listing" it doesn't matter what it sells for, it's almost always at the bottom or below the initial range. Agents hate pointing out the obvious - home is over priced, probably the #1 reason for no feedback. And it only takes one experience of having to defend an opinion (after all, the other agent did ask) and now the listing agent wants to argue? Takes only one of those calls to be cured of providing feedback.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:54 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,219,988 times
Is a buyer's agent doing her job if she gives you positive feedback? Anything other than negatives like "your house is overpriced" might harm her client should they offer on your house. I love the feedback requests that have three choices for pricing; too low, just right, too high. Like I'm going to ever check "too low"!

Old 12-18-2014, 10:12 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,850 times
Wow all I hear are a lot of excuses & answers to questions I didn't ask.

All I asked was why is it hard to get feedback. I didn't ask if it was priced too high, why it hasn't sold, should I fire my agent, or anything like that. I asked why is it hard. Most of the replies revolve around how busy you all are & how MANY homes & clients you have. If that were true, you probably wouldn't have time to hang out & post on a board like this.

If it's that hard for you to keep track of homes you show, maybe you need to take better notes! Sheesh. I obviously struck a nerve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals