Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:42 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,018 times

Advertisements

Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
A guy contacted me last month asking about selling his condo. I told him he could probably get more now than what he was asking last year when he had it listed on the MLS. He decided to give it a shot as a FSBO on Zillow before listing. Posted on Zillow April 14 as FSBO at my recommended price (more than his last asking on the MLS) and contracted on May 1 for full price.

Zillow is leaving a lot of bread on the table giving these listings away. I'm sure they have no plans to try to monetize the FSBOs. They wouldn't dare risk pissing off agents. Right? I'm fairly certain that there aren't many consumers who are commission averse and are willing to go FSBO on Zillow to save thousands. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 10:05 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
This is turning into one of the most entertaining discussions I have been involved in. All started on asking a simple question about Zestimates on Zillow. Truly priceless.
Seriously?

Hang around a while. We routinely have LOTS more fun than this thread offers.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:24 AM

I see you live in Cary, NC Mike. A number of my friends have moved to Cary. Definitely growing in popularity. We will be heading to either Southport, Oceans Ridge Plantation, St James Plantation or Sunset Beach area. We are done with Jersey taxes and winters.....

Old 05-03-2015, 10:26 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
I see you live in Cary, NC Mike. A number of my friends have moved to Cary. Definitely growing in popularity. We will be heading to either Southport, Oceans Ridge Plantation, St James Plantation or Sunset Beach area. We are done with Jersey taxes and winters.....
I don't see how the taxes in NY and NJ are sustainable.
And, then the weather?

NC looks pretty good in comparison.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:32 AM

Amen Brother. We lived in Charlotte for 20 years before the company i worked for pulled out of the US and landed a job down at Wall Street. Never thought we would have to move again at age 52 and endure the commute and the SeaStreak Ferry, $645.00 a month on top of paying 300k more for a house that is 1000k square feet smaller than the one we had in Charlotte and tax increase going from 2900.00 a year to 11k a year. Lets just say this wasn't the best financial move we have made. But at age 52 not many good paying jobs outside of Banking in the Queen City (Charlotte).

Have 2 people coming today to look at house. Keeping fingers crossed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I don't see how the taxes in NY and NJ are sustainable.
And, then the weather?

NC looks pretty good in comparison.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:54 AM

652 posts, read 1,304,565 times
Quote:
Love, love, love Sunset Beach!

Old 05-03-2015, 12:49 PM

In my opinion nicest beach in NC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy112 View Post
Love, love, love Sunset Beach!

Old 05-03-2015, 04:04 PM

983 posts, read 1,181,370 times
I agree with the others that Zillow is all over the board and far from comps / current value on most homes.

Ironically on my own it is pretty spot on. I live in a popular neighborhood where homes easily sell for full asking price within a few weeks to month or 2 max. So maybe that has something to do with it ?

As for your listing and sales strategy ... I would roll a few weeks with your current pics and price and have a contingency plan in place to list it on the mls with better pics if no legit interest / offers in the 1st 3-4 weeks it is on the market.

Only time ( and the buyers ) will tell .... best of luck. Looks like a nice home on a nice lot.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:29 PM

Sounds like a plan.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
I agree with the others that Zillow is all over the board and far from comps / current value on most homes.

Ironically on my own it is pretty spot on. I live in a popular neighborhood where homes easily sell for full asking price within a few weeks to month or 2 max. So maybe that has something to do with it ?

As for your listing and sales strategy ... I would roll a few weeks with your current pics and price and have a contingency plan in place to list it on the mls with better pics if no legit interest / offers in the 1st 3-4 weeks it is on the market.

Only time ( and the buyers ) will tell .... best of luck. Looks like a nice home on a nice lot.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:42 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Any action on the house, Biscman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals