Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 04:22 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
The left? What exactly is the left and how did they get in control?
Have you never heard of Elizabeth Warren?
CFPB is her baby.
It does not matter how much pain you inflict on consumers, as long as you can claim to be their champion.
I don't like "left" and "right" as they are pretty much the same thing in their cogent disregard for decency and integrity, so I apologize for using the term.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 09-09-2015 at 04:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Gee, after the last decade of lenders making creatively wonderful decisions, I can't wait to trust them more than the attorneys.
Underwriters will wield more power, and have more fear, than ever before.

Old 09-09-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
In my area, most of the changes have already been implemented so it's not going to be a huge change. The 3 day disclosure might come into play, but it's very rare that terms would change that close to closing anyway.

The new "closing form" is a joke. It specifically states on the form that the buyer is signing it as a disclosure and doesn't have to agree with the amounts listed. It's not an end-all like the HUD-1 was. Also, sellers no longer have a closing statement to sign. The title companies in my area are keeping their basic closing form intact and will have the sellers sign that to signify they actually did sign something to acknowledge the signing at closing, but nothing official.

The lenders have said over and over that it won't effect rates or fees to the consumers, but I bet 20 bucks that it does! There is no way the lenders can take on that much more liability and fees out of pocket without raising their fees and rates. Yes, out of pocket fees because if fees are different than what they quoted, they have to eat them!
Local closing attorneys only look at the new closing/disclosure statement as an additional form to add to the paperwork burden.
They expect to continue to produce a HUD1, so there is a concise and coherent statement to review with the parties.

I have a closing tomorrow. Should have the keys by lunch, or thereabouts.
The borrower only submitted the last of the paperwork required yesterday. Boxes checked off, and cleared to close.
According to CFPB, in the future, this experienced and qualified borrower should miss the closing date, pay storage fees to the movers, and spend the money for a few more nights in hotel, after which they will have an increased cost incurred at the closing attorney office, all so they are "Protected."
What Fun it will be to be "Protected!"

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 09-09-2015 at 04:41 AM..

Old 09-30-2015, 12:12 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,147,991 times
At one lunch-n-learn I attended, the lender said the days of 30-days closings are over. They will be more like 45-60 days. Also, in the event of domino closings, see if rent -backs or early occupancy is possible, because if one gets held up, the snowball effect will come into play.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onevthoki View Post
At one lunch-n-learn I attended, the lender said the days of 30-days closings are over. They will be more like 45-60 days. Also, in the event of domino closings, see if rent -backs or early occupancy is possible, because if one gets held up, the snowball effect will come into play.
LOL

I have 3 sides in a back-to-back-to-back-to-back closing sequence on October 14/15.

THOSE days are over? Maybe for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals