Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 04:29 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times

Advertisements

Hello, hello. Day one of TRID and all is quiet. But as we learn this new process, please post your experiences. The one thing that comes across loud and clear in our training, we cannot require the buyer to provide one single document before issuing a letter. Of course, the strength of my letter will depend on what knowledge I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 04:52 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,628,749 times
What is TRID?

Old 10-05-2015, 04:55 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Hello, hello. Day one of TRID and all is quiet. But as we learn this new process, please post your experiences. The one thing that comes across loud and clear in our training, we cannot require the buyer to provide one single document before issuing a letter. Of course, the strength of my letter will depend on what knowledge I have.
Happy TRID day to you. I wrote up a contract this weekend so I'm embarking on my first one with the new rules.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:08 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
What is TRID?
I hope you are joking!

Old 10-05-2015, 05:52 PM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
TRID won't hurt me, but it will make it much harder to protect clients.
As usual, it is targeted at those who can least afford it under the guise of consumer protection.
Shameless.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:16 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Hey Relo Company, don't ask me to provide you any information or closing statement.
That needs to all come from your client.

TAR did come out with a release form signed by the Buyer that may or not be acceptable.
Some Title Companies want it, our Management says no. I'm using it and will provide to the title co.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
I hope you are joking!
No, but I google it. I just did a transaction with this. I don't see what the big deal is.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
No, but I google it. I just did a transaction with this. I don't see what the big deal is.
You did it under the old rules. None of us really knows what the next 90 days will be like.

Did you see the closing statement? Did you have permission from the Buyer ?

Old 10-05-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You did it under the old rules. None of us really knows what the next 90 days will be like.

Did you see the closing statement? Did you have permission from the Buyer ?
Of course I saw the closing statement. Have permission from buyer to do what? Go ahead and make fun of me. I guess I don't know what you're talking about.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Of course I saw the closing statement. Have permission from buyer to do what? Go ahead and make fun of me. I guess I don't know what you're talking about.
From what I understand just about everything from the Buyer / Lender is confidential information and we agents cannot even see it unless the Buyer provides it to us.

In TX where title companies coordinate documents, that has shifted to the Lender. We are at the Lenders mercy on when we close. There are many rules the lender now must follow. We no longer make a copy of any checks like Earnest Money for our files.

The Title Company must secure all their emails and no longer distribute by PDF's attachments. Everything must be highly secure and private.

My office is having another Lender Meeting in the morning to educate us. If you have a favorite lender you might talk to them.

TX Assoc of Realtors has a Release form that says we represent our clients and can be given any documents.
We are waiting to hear if it is legal and acceptable. I believe our Attorney says it may not be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals