Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 06:20 PM

200 posts, read 554,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I find 2 things help a home sell:
1-Price it right
2-Good exposure. Buyers can find it all over the world on the internet, nothing fancy needed. Just excellent photos and a well written description.

Do those and the rest is inconsequential. Too many agents use ineffective marketing just to make a seller happy or to "prove" their value.
I totally agree! Any special sites that you use to reach further afield?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I'll have IDX and VOW with 15 minute refresh, full page photo views, minimalist approach whilst retaining intuitive and friendly interfaces. Less clicking. More data.
Include data from the county tax rolls, Bing maps, with Bird's Eye View, and neighborhood sales histories.
Thanks for that. the basics are always helpful and add a lot of info.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I don't know if I would call this unique, but I just had a drone video made of a condo association where I am listing a unit for apx. $1M. Here's the unbranded version which I imagine doesn't violate any forum rules:

Drone Home Media
That's awesome! The grass alone would sell the property!!!!

I'm thinking drone with the marketing on one of the properties as it is on 5 acres and surrounded by multi million dollar homes.

Nice job!!!

Old 10-29-2015, 10:53 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,010,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yes, it is!

MikePRU, did you do that yourself, or hire it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Great footage. I love drone footage for stuff like that.
Thanks! I was very happy with how this turned out.

I hired a company that put it together for me. I had never worked with them before as it's unusual to list a property around here that's on more than a 10,000 sf lot. So, aerial photography/videos are really not that useful for marketing such properties.

This guy was great to work with. He really was open to using a lot of my suggestions in the video and the majority of the shots were my ideas. He uses a DJI Inspire which was quite impressive. The landing gear lifts up and out of the way after take off so that the camera can spin around 360 degrees without the legs getting into the shot. This drone can also be manipulated using two controllers - one for flight and one for the camera. I think you could really make some impressive videos with this drone if you had two people working the controls. Here's a informational video about the drone:

https://youtu.be/vKht76-zRBI

Old 11-02-2015, 03:56 AM

23 posts, read 20,771 times
I find two things help a home sell
1. Fix the right price of home and 2. Make advertisement. Due to this, it is easier to find the buyer all over the world and write description and attach more photo with it.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:45 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,082,704 times
Quote:
I don't know if I would call this unique, but I just had a drone video made of a condo association where I am listing a unit for apx. $1M. Here's the unbranded version which I imagine doesn't violate any forum rules:

Drone Home Media
As a consumer, that definitely got my attention. Maybe I should request it if I sell my horse farm. One criticism that might only be my personal issue, is the that lawn looks goofy in my opinion. To get those extreme stripey patterns it must not have been cut very frequently which indicates poor maintenance in my opinion. Still, it is not tragic and seeing the roofline and mature landscaping certainly makes up for it.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:37 AM

5,663 posts, read 10,734,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
As a consumer, that definitely got my attention. Maybe I should request it if I sell my horse farm. One criticism that might only be my personal issue, is the that lawn looks goofy in my opinion. To get those extreme stripey patterns it must not have been cut very frequently which indicates poor maintenance in my opinion. Still, it is not tragic and seeing the roofline and mature landscaping certainly makes up for it.
That's interesting....I saw those stripes and it reminded me of major-league baseball which was about the same as saying well-kept, premium, property.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:43 AM

4,578 posts, read 5,660,310 times
Quote:

Drone Home Media

Very nice!

We've been using drones for every luxury property we've listed in the last couple of years -- it's starting to become de riguer. You look like you got a good person doing it -- we had one that was a disaster, we hadwanted twilight shots, but his camera simply couldn't handle the exposure necessary, we just ended up with a lot of muddy shots, and couldn't use it. There's one that we had that still gives me goosebumps every time I look at it -- superb music, and sweeping down the lawn over the pool and formal gardens. The music selection is key, we've discovered.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:05 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Since the striped pattern occurs by merely running the mower in one direction for one row, and in the opposite direction on the adjoining row, I think the striped pattern is simply more pronounced because it was very recently cut, not from lack of regular mowing.

I should get a drone.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:29 PM

12 posts, read 18,842 times
Default get them there

How about gift certificates to a local restaurant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals