Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 12:40 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,324,268 times

Advertisements

You know, as a nationwide FDIC Lender, doing every loan type in every state, and always being on the lookout for new realtor partners with whom I can engage in Legal Co-Marketing, I just wanted to say that this is in no way a solicitation of said business. And Welcome, friends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,821 times
Thank you!

Old 01-02-2016, 03:41 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Here is an example of a poster not paying any attention.

C-Der is under contract for a house and a brand new poster - her very first post says please contact me if you have any questions.

I may take a vacation, and wait until things get back to normal.

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...nds-ranch.html

Old 01-02-2016, 03:59 PM

14,488 posts, read 12,121,454 times
"Any questions" might be "Where's a good place to go for a nice dinner?"

Honestly seems more like a welcome from a local than a solicitation... To me.

I'm new too, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:00 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
"Any questions" might be "Where's a good place to go for a nice dinner?"

Honestly seems more like a welcome from a local than a solicitation... To me.

I'm new too, so correct me if I'm wrong.
It's a solicitation. Matter of fact. Solicitation of contact from a consumer.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:02 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Who is already under contract for a house with another broker!

Old 01-02-2016, 04:04 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Moderators will keep busy!

Old 01-02-2016, 04:10 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Moderators will keep busy!
Please report any and all new agents you see that are violating the TOS.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:18 PM

14,488 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It's a solicitation. Matter of fact. Solicitation of contact from a consumer.
OK! I can see they're already gone... so obviously yours is the way it was interpreted by the management.

I'm enjoying the forum. Will try to avoid stepping on any toes.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:31 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,745,652 times
LOL...I think you are right. We are likely to see many more of these. This is very ironic in this sense: the person who was described as the one who directed agents to C-D has been a very active agent in the forum I operate in locally. She doesn't go after people directly but tends to overwhelm people looking for information with what I would describe as long lists of way too much information, often only tangentially related to the question asked. I never liked the approach and I think for regulars it is almost annoying but I suspect it worked for her. However, she hasn't been anywhere near as active on C-D over the past year or more so I wonder why she would suggest something that she hasn't been doing much of, herself, and would most likely introduce more competition to her "turf".

When I first joined our local forum, I think I corrected some misinformation that she published on the forum about my local community. I was immediately attacked by someone as being some sort of interloper and I was told by PM that the guy doing the attacking was involved with her in her business, I think as an investor or builder....don't recall. After the initial blow-up, we all understood that there was nothing nefarious intended on my part and we all got along. It's just odd to me that she would do something like this when clearly she was against anyone coming into "her" forum back then.

I should say, though, that I have a great respect for her knowledge of our area and the market where she operates primarily. When she was more active, she was a great source of info and fun to have as a contributor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals