Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 09:19 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times

Advertisements

Since I'm the one being talked about here, I thought I'd jump in.

For the record, I have spoken to and sold homes to three clients who SunshineRules has directly solicited through private messages. One of them is now a Realtor with my company and I sold a home to in PG. She said you solicited her so many times via PM that it made her feel very uncomfortable. Just dont like it when other agents talk trash about people and they are doing something they claim to forbid.

It seems as though instead of welcoming new agents on the board all/most of the agents on this thread are banding together to be mean and discredit what others are saying and then saying that's my tactic that I use. I got several messages from agents on the MA board that said that MikePru was just trying to discredit them and be ugly to them. Thats really classy too...

Is there a reason why I should not have told people about City-Data? I have made tons of great friends and new clients from this webpage. I think it's a great resource for Realtors as well as the other 50+ tips and tricks I mentioned on my FB page. I could have kept them a secret as well.

That's right I haven't been on CD a ton because I run a brokerage and have lot of other irons in the fire. Just seems pretty pathetic that everyone is so scared of other agents posting on "their" forum. I haven't made any YouTube videos for marketing in four years either but I did well with that as well. Does that mean I shouldn't talk about that either?

I specifically stated on my post DO NOT DIRECT SOLICIT ON THIS SITE. Go on there and be helpful and offer advice. If new agents follow the rules they will stay and if they dont then they wont. Pretty simple.

Dont throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Oh and welcome to my FB page, Bob. At least you didnt trash me too hard on here

Seems like you all should have something better to do with your time then site around and talk about me....

Last edited by SoFLGal; 01-04-2016 at 09:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 09:38 AM

43,279 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post

It seems as though instead of welcoming new agents on the board all/most of the agents on this thread are banding together to be mean and discredit what others are saying and then saying that's my tactic that I use...
I believe that "most" or "many" would be more accurate than "all."

Quote:
Is there a reason why I should not have told people about City-Data?
Nope.
Quote:
I specifically stated on my post DO NOT DIRECT SOLICIT ON THIS SITE. Go on there and be helpful and offer advice. If new agents follow the rules they will stay and if they dont then they wont. Pretty simple.
FWIW, I know that many agents will be unable to follow this advice. Leadership in the industry is so very, very weak and so very old-fashioned, brokerages, if even attempting to, are unable to convince way too many agents that "it is not all about them."

And, again FWIW, I think your CD blog stretches the envelope of the blog TOS significantly. But, I am not CD management, and if it is acceptable use of that venue, then I am reading the guidelines too strictly.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I believe that "most" or "many" would be more accurate than "all."

Nope.

FWIW, I know that many agents will be unable to follow this advice. Leadership in the industry is so very, very weak and so very old-fashioned, brokerages, if even attempting to, are unable to convince way too many agents that "it is not all about them."

And, again FWIW, I think your CD blog stretches the envelope of the blog TOS significantly. But, I am not CD management, and if it is acceptable use of that venue, then I am reading the guidelines too strictly.
That's exactly it. It's not "All about them" that's why I started a Facebook group for agents to talk about marketing.

I believe that trolling everyone of the new agents posts is against the TOS.

If there was any question on rules I directed people to contact a mod and ask for clarification.

Like I said, many of these agents who posted on this thread about rules are the first ones to break them. And if I'm so territorial about things then why would I tell 5K plus agents on a Facebook page 50+ different ways to market themselves (many of them are in my area)? All these conspiracy theories don't hold much water.

My blog on CD stretches the rules??

People really need to grow up and stop acting like they're in high school.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
That's exactly it. It's not "All about them" that's why I started a Facebook group for agents to talk about marketing.
... .
And, the fail rate of those looking for easy pickings on CD will be high.
They heard "leads," but unfortunately "not all about you" often sounds as foreign as Gregorian Chants translated into Klingon.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:57 AM

4,614 posts, read 7,534,118 times
For the record, I do not, nor have I ever contacted anyone via PM pertaining to real estate without them contacting me by PM first. Nor do I "stalk" people with multiple messages. If that were true I am sure a certain someone here would have reported me to the moderators for violation of the rules.

I would like the names of all of these people you claim I incorrectly solicited, as I don't delete my PMs and can therefore look up the actual PM threads to see what really transpired.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
For the record, I do not, nor have I ever contacted anyone via PM pertaining to real estate without them contacting me by PM first. Nor do I "stalk" people with multiple messages. If that were true I am sure a certain someone here would have reported me to the moderators for violation of the rules.

I would like the names of all of these people you claim I incorrectly solicited, as I don't delete my PMs and can therefore look up the actual PM threads to see what really transpired.
Sent you a PM

Old 01-04-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
And, the fail rate of those looking for easy pickings on CD will be high.
They heard "leads," but unfortunately "not all about you" often sounds as foreign as Gregorian Chants translated into Klingon.
Which is why I dont know why its so frightening to all these agents. I also told them to go and just be helpful and gave them and example about being helpful and told them to not just post on real estate posts. Basically to go on with the idea of helping out but you can get great leads from the site. Dont really see anything wrong with that.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Which is why I dont know why its so frightening to all these agents. I also told them to go and just be helpful and gave them and example about being helpful and told them to not just post on real estate posts. Basically to go on with the idea of helping out but you can get great leads from the site. Dont really see anything wrong with that.
I'm only here for the beer.

Yeah, I think people get a bit overwrought.
I think the whole thread is lamentable, and particularly if it degenerates into hair-pulling and booger-flicking.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:36 AM

927 posts, read 758,493 times
I thought CityData was a real estate agent/investor site. I got censored for saying it was obvious that shooting in Oregon was going to happen. "If you see something say something."
And I got chastised for saying 'Don't move to Hawaii with little money thinking you'll luck out.' Silly investors want the illusion that the poster will support them and their house.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I'm only here for the beer.

Yeah, I think people get a bit overwrought.
I think the whole thread is lamentable, and particularly if it degenerates into hair-pulling and booger-flicking.
At least we can agree on something!

It's just funny how some agents think I have some shady ulterior motive because I've told a lot of people about this site and YouTube and how to market on Facebook and 50+ other ideas.

It's like some witch hunt on here that really is like a high school gathering. It's pretty simple, agents will follow the rules or they'll get banned. The mods will make sure they are following the rules. Not sure why this thread has turned into this. LOL

I'm just not sure how everyone has a ton of time to sit on this forum and chat all day and still sell real estate.

On that note, I'm checking out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals