Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2016, 07:14 PM

96 posts, read 105,260 times

Advertisements

I'm working with a group of investors and there's not much more on the MLS. Does anyone have a way of finding listings not listed on the MLS? I've tried Zillow for FSBO's, but haven't had much luck. I've reached out to executors of estates as well, but not much luck there either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 09:49 PM

8,673 posts, read 22,903,080 times
Can you do searches by "bank owned" or "possible short sale?"

Old 01-18-2016, 06:42 AM

43,261 posts, read 77,033,287 times
You don't need listings. You need properties.
Bandit signs. Radio Ads. Billboards. EDDM mailings to targeted neighborhoods.

"Our Investors buy houses. Quick CASH Purchase. No games. No hassle."

Old 01-18-2016, 01:55 PM

818 posts, read 1,066,516 times
First make sure the investors are real instead of just people trying to play bird dog to out of town investors looking to by properties at 50 cents on the dollar (because if you find them, why not just buy them yourself). Then, if they are real, drill down to the exact type of property they are looking to buy (duplex, fourplex, multi family, etc.) and then create a marketing list for those exact properties. There is no outside magic listing source although there are plenty of marketing companies and websites that promise they can help you find properties for pennies on the dollar if you just subscribe for a nominal fee. They are not "really" lying, because last time I checked, there are in fact 100 pennies to the dollar. Best of luck!

Old 01-18-2016, 01:59 PM

43,261 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
First make sure the investors are real instead of just people trying to play bird dog to out of town investors looking to by properties at 50 cents on the dollar (because if you find them, why not just buy them yourself). Then, if they are real, drill down to the exact type of property they are looking to buy (duplex, fourplex, multi family, etc.) and then create a marketing list for those exact properties. There is no outside magic listing source although there are plenty of marketing companies and websites that promise they can help you find properties for pennies on the dollar if you just subscribe for a nominal fee. They are not "really" lying, because last time I checked, there are in fact 100 pennies to the dollar. Best of luck!
High Five for "bird dog."
For sure, good point.

Those bird dogs will work you to death. For nothing.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:39 PM

96 posts, read 105,260 times
I've had my experience with these "bird dogs" and no longer work with them. After about a month of writing up low ball offers for every property I found and not receiving 1 accepted offer, I decided it was time to move on! Complete waste of time.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:24 AM

818 posts, read 1,066,516 times
I suggest out bird dogging the bird dogs! Referring the bird dog buyers to your competition. That way, it keeps them busy and out of your way and if by chance they actually sell something, you get paid a referral fee.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:25 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
I suggest out bird dogging the bird dogs! Referring the bird dog buyers to your competition. That way, it keeps them busy and out of your way and if by chance they actually sell something, you get paid a referral fee.
Now that's devious.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:45 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,045,710 times
cold calling ? You'll get some standard listings this way too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals