Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 02:07 PM

122 posts, read 134,449 times

Advertisements

Bobromhal.. Not sure who jeebus is? But I'm assuming the question was for me?

My real estate agent flew the coop as soon as we signed for closing. Isn't that the way it works? Or can I still contact the real estate agent for my paperwork?

I've had a few purchases in last few years and I would usually get paperwork in couple of weeks. Not sure if because this transaction involved acreage is why it would take so long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 02:33 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
jeebus = "holy moly" or "Wow" or "this sounds ridiculous".

no real estate agent that represented you anywhere should be ignoring your calls the minute the closing occurs.

It doesn't sound like you know what your closing document/HUD said in regard your option fee. It's a clear enough accounting of all funds in and funds out.

I'm not a Texas agent, so I can't speak to any of the quirks of that market.

Old 01-23-2016, 03:01 PM

No I don't remember what the hud paperwork said because it's been two months and paperwork is all signed in less than 5 minutes. And I haven't received a copy of any of that paperwork yet even after I have asked for it.

Guess it's time to stir the pot a bit come Monday.

Old 01-23-2016, 04:58 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,814,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Does Texas, as unique as it is, really take weeks and months to finish a transfer of real property?
It can take up to 12 weeks to get the recorded deed, depending on what county as so many people are moving here, they get behind on recording things. Possession is not at recording like other states. Possession and ownership are at funding of the contract with cash or receiving a funding number if it's financed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas6023 View Post
No I don't remember what the hud paperwork said because it's been two months and paperwork is all signed in less than 5 minutes. And I haven't received a copy of any of that paperwork yet even after I have asked for it.
You received copies at closing. Every single title company for every single buyer/seller receives a copy of every single piece of paper they signed at closing. Many title companies have even stopped sending PDF's and going back to hard copies only so people have the paper in their hands when they walk out. Even if you were first to sign and the seller's didn't sign their part yet, you would have received a copy. I've tried to walk clients out of closing without the paperwork before, saying just send us a copy when the other side signs, and they won't do that. You leave with paper.

If you didn't leave with anything, how did you get your license changed? Many utility companies want to see the closing statement or a lease when they turn on utilities. How did you get utilities into your name? Do you have a community mailbox? How did you get the key? So many places require a copy of your HUD that I don't see how you've gone 2 months without it.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:49 PM

Falcon. I'm actually glad you posted.

A lot of the things you are asking about have been the downfalls of this transaction..

I know for a fact I walked out with no paperwork. They told me they would send them to me in the mail or I could wait for copies but I would have had to wait a while because they were very busy...

I have no clue what license you are talking about? So can't comment on a change?

When I tried to turn on my electricity I had to call my real estate agent to fax the electricity company the agreement to purchase the property and that worked to get my power turned on..

A community mailbox? I have a residential address where I get my mail via usps..

I asked for keys. No one had a key. Not my real estate agent and neither did their real estate agent. So I never got a key. I had to break the locks to gain control of my house..

Trust me. I wish I would have waited all day long and had a copy of the hud after the trouble I'm going through.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:00 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,814,092 times
It sounds like you bought a HUD home. Those are the only types of sales where you're not given a key and must change the locks upon move-in as they use the same key for all their houses. If not a HUD, you were told a story as there would have been a key in the lockbox for you to have viewed it in the first place. How did you get into the house to know if you wanted to buy it? Did you buy it sight-unseen?

The license I'm talking about is driver's license. You have 30 days to update your driver's license when you move. You need to show proof of residency, which would be your HUD showing you bought a new house (or lease if you moved into a lease).

Community mailboxes are becoming more and more popular as it saves the post office time to deliver. I didn't know if you had a community mailbox or a regular one, but in case you had a community mailbox, I was saying you can't get your key without showing the post office your HUD.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:05 PM

Absolutely is not a hud home. Listen to the words that are coming out of my mouth. The house was inherited by the previous owner. It is out of city limits and I called the real estate agent and asked to view it two different dates and he would set it up and the door would already be unlocked when we got there so I assumed realtor had the key but when it came down to handing a key over everyone I talked to acted like one did not exist.

I never suggested I was moving therefore I do not need to make any changes to my license. I plan on renting or reselling the home and keeping the acreage around home.

Never received a key whether it was for a community box or to a door knob. My key to enter the home was a hammer and screwdriver. Self provided!!

Old 01-30-2016, 02:10 PM

820 posts, read 1,069,044 times
I would call your agent's broker since they appear to be way out of line. If I found my agents behaving like your agent did, I would fire them immediately. I can't imagine the liability they would have if you had gone into the home and damaged it (or if someone did before you or after you arrived).

Here in Idaho, your option fee is called earnest money and it is supposed to be deposited and cashed and credited to you at closing. If you default on the offer, you would lose that money here and the only way to know for sure that money is available to give to the seller is if was already cashed/deposited and cleared so they couldn't stop the payment on the check if it got into a dispute.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:31 PM

8,574 posts, read 12,414,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
It can take up to 12 weeks to get the recorded deed, depending on what county as so many people are moving here, they get behind on recording things. Possession is not at recording like other states. Possession and ownership are at funding of the contract with cash or receiving a funding number if it's financed.
Wow. That sounds ridiculously long in this day and age. In some counties in Michigan--even those where it used to take a few weeks--you can take a Deed down to the Register of Deeds Office and they will record it on the spot. They assign a Liber and Page number (after getting tax certifications, if required), then scan it so it's immediately recorded. They even give you back the recorded Deed right then and there. It sure beats the old system.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:44 PM

Well I been waiting on deed so I can continue and settle some things on te property. I called and tomorrow in 2 days will be when title company said they will complete the paperwork. But I did call prior to this phone call and they told me a couple weeks which have come and gone. I mean. It's freaking January and properties aren't selling like hot cakes right now sooooooo. Pull the finger out yo.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals