Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:38 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What about realtors who don't even close up the home properly.....? That on top of showing up late of not at all or call back if you leave a message...
I have to add my two cents in on that. We were away for a week and our realtor showed our home. We pulled up in our driveway late at night and saw that every one of our lights were on. She knows they are on timers and the front blinds are open. We were lucky that no one decided to break in since it was so obvious no one was at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,364 times
Today I had an agent show up to my home, I didn't have an appt scheduled for that hour. I asked her when she called and she could not tell me when, cause she was lying. I confirmed with my real estate agents office that there was no appt scheduled. She had clients with her and when I asked her if she wanted to come in she remarked "well do you want to sell your house". She was rude and unprofessional and I will file a complaint with her broker. My house has been on the market for over 30 days so imagine the inconvenience. I have not complained about the no shows, late appts, etc. But this agent really upset me... I want to sell but even if she came with an offer with her clients I wouldn't accept it. She is unprofessional and rude! At the end of the day this is still my home and just because it's up for sale doesn't give agents the right to behave like I have no rights. At this point websites like "4salebyowner" are looking very appealing.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:17 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhome4sale View Post
I want to sell but even if she came with an offer with her clients I wouldn't accept it.
Something about cutting off your nose comes to mind.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:15 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times
I agree with the OP! I am sick of the attitude that just because we have our house for sale we should be willing to be totally inconvenienced for nothing! My husband and I had planned a day out on our wedding anniversary and left about 9am. Right before lunch we got a panicked call from our agent saying that someone wanted to see our house in 3 hours. So even though we had this day all planned out, we raced home to clean, scrub and straighten out and make it look staged. Then had to get cleaned up a bit again and made sure to leave in enough time so that we weren't home (God forbid you should be there when they arrive). We went back out to a "lesser" restaurant for our shortened, ruined day only to return to find out that....oh sorry, we just didn't have time. WTF???? You ran out of time in just 3 hours??? Pretty poor planning, IMHO. Sorry to ruin your day, but hey you have your house on the market and we don't give a rat's behind if we inconvenience you for nothing!!!

And believe me, it's more than 1 in 6-7 times that they are either late or a no show. We had no shows probably 40% of the time and only once did we get a call and that was 10 minutes AFTER the appointment was supposed to be (time stamp on the answering machine). And since they called the home phone, we never got the message until it was too late and we wandered around at the mall for 2 hours for nothing. Got disgusting after awhile the rudeness of it all.

Last edited by rothbear; 06-08-2010 at 06:41 PM..

Old 06-08-2010, 07:40 PM

10,964 posts, read 21,980,652 times
I hate to say it, but when you're selling your home, these are things you have to put up with if you really want to sell. If you turn down showings most of them never come back, and you never know which one is your buyer.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I agree with the OP! I am sick of the attitude that just because we have our house for sale we should be willing to be totally inconvenienced for nothing! My husband and I had planned a day out on our wedding anniversary and left about 9am. Right before lunch we got a panicked call from our agent saying that someone wanted to see our house in 3 hours. So even though we had this day all planned out, we raced home to clean, scrub and straighten out and make it look staged. Then had to get cleaned up a bit again and made sure to leave in enough time so that we weren't home (God forbid you should be there when they arrive). We went back out to a "lesser" restaurant for our shortened, ruined day only to return to find out that....oh sorry, we just didn't have time. WTF???? You ran out of time in just 3 hours??? Pretty poor planning, IMHO. Sorry to ruin your day, but hey you have your house on the market and we don't give a rat's behind if we inconvenience you for nothing!!!

And believe me, it's more than 1 in 6-7 times that they are either late or a no show. We had no shows probably 40% of the time and only once did we get a call and that was 10 minutes AFTER the appointment was supposed to be (time stamp on the answering machine). And since they called the home phone, we never got the message until it was too late and we wandered around at the mall for 2 hours for nothing. Got disgusting after awhile the rudeness of it all.
You shouldn't have to clean, scrub and straighten out every time they call with a showing. Keep your house clean and neat if it is on the market. You wouldn't have had to go home and your day would have been just as you planned it.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:05 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
You shouldn't have to clean, scrub and straighten out every time they call with a showing. Keep your house clean and neat if it is on the market. You wouldn't have had to go home and your day would have been just as you planned it.
Yeah, you do when you actually have to LIVE in a house and both people work. And since buyers expect a HGTV "model home" level of cleanliness and sparkling no matter how little of a time frame you give them, you have to do the extra each and every time. Any anyway, that isn't the point.
We asked to have 24 hours notice, but we went home anyway to get it ready being lead to believe that they were really serious in seeing the house, yet the agent didn't have the courtesy to call and then later on acted as though it was no big deal that they flaked, or even really didn't seriously plan on stopping in the first place. I'm sorry, but I don't believe there is a seller out there than can truthfully say that their house is in perfect showing condition each and EVERY time they leave the house. And if they do, then they either don't live there, have a cleaning service come in each and every morning, or don't have to work.....or are deluding themselves.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 PM

I sold my house recently. We both worked and had a 2 year old running around. We still managed to keep the place moderately clean when we left in the morning. I would say at least 50% of showings happened on the same day they made the appointment and we were both at work and couldn't get home. Honestly, I don't think people expect a spotless house. We didn't when we looked.

The only time the house was ever in "perfect" condition was for open houses or showing on the weekend when we had a bit of time.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:32 AM

434 posts, read 1,309,539 times
I have a listing where the sellers have a 3yr old and a dog, they do a great job of keeping the house up. Selling a house isn't easy, it takes work. On both ends...

When I show houses to buyers (in Texas) I always try to give 24hr notice then offer to call ten minutes before we show up. That tends to work great! A little extra work if showing more than a few occupied homes, but well worth the extra effort not dealing with miscommunications....

Old 06-15-2010, 06:55 PM

74 posts, read 288,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't believe there is a seller out there than can truthfully say that their house is in perfect showing condition each and EVERY time they leave the house. And if they do, then they either don't live there, have a cleaning service come in each and every morning, or don't have to work.....or are deluding themselves.
I guess I can go in the category of "deluding myself." Our house is in great condition each and every single time we leave the house. The only factor that's out of our control is how much our cat decides to shed that day. We have 2 cats + a 3-yr old. There's not a chance I would have come back to the house and ruined my anniversary to clean some more. We both work and most of our showings are scheduled and occur the same day while we're at work. The house is in great condition because it has to be. We just got an offer and the buyers scheduled and visited while we were away for the weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals