Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 08:34 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,233,524 times

Advertisements

Rather than try and find a town or county that doesnt allow them, its probably easier to find an apartment or condo complex that doesnt allow pets, or that only allows small pets.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:38 AM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Rather than try and find a town or county that doesnt allow them, its probably easier to find an apartment or condo complex that doesnt allow pets, or that only allows small pets.
This is what I was going to suggest too. The problem with moving to a city just for a specific code is that codes change all the time. My city used to not allow chickens. So if you had moved here because it meant your neighbor couldn't have a chicken, then you would be disappointed when they changed it.

Rather than find an entire city with a code, find an HOA with a small pet restriction or breed restriction.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:45 AM

245 posts, read 291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Let the flame wars begin. I'll grab the popcorn. I suspect this is a troll thread
like most threads here, i think this was the only purpose of the thread. not really looking for information just looking to create an active thread

Old 05-02-2016, 12:25 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
Pit bull type dogs are short haired, thus not as popular in cold climates. Try moving to the far North.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:10 AM

3 posts, read 2,485 times
I am one hundred percent serious. I have been researching for years, now. I moved into my current pet free apartment building only to find that my neighbor has a Pit bull in the building, a territorial one. It thinks my home is his space. I have a family. I have looked in my state and actually I don't care so much about bsl but strict dog laws in general and if pit bulls are rarely seen in an area, that's fine. I didn't know that they don't like the cold. I have a fear that my family and this dog are going to surprise each other in the hall with tragic consequences. The dog growls at me, barks at everyone. I'm not afraid of dogs but I am serious about avoiding this breed/type. I will look into colder areas. Thanks, everybody.

I didn't realize an instant response to any responses were a requirement on this website. I am truly and seriously looking to move to pit bull free or free as possible area. I can go anywhere, and I have moving expenses long saved up. I hope to be leaving in the summer, between the end of this and the start of next school year. I have heard some places have laws regarding pit bulls but that the laws aren't always enforced which is why I'm asking here for peoples personal experiences. For those of you who were obnoxious, thanks for nothing. I love how ANY phobia in the world is totally acceptable but wanting to avoid pit bulls is somehow considered outlandish. I can't be the only one, or there wouldn't have been laws made in the first place regarding these types of dogs.

I've been to Iowa City Iowa and liked it. I will check out their forum, thanks to whoever suggested Iowa. And Denver as well. Thanks Davebarnes.

Last edited by Marka; 05-09-2016 at 02:25 AM..

Old 05-04-2016, 08:44 PM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Quin View Post
....... Money isn't an issue. Thanks in advance everybody.
If money isn't an issue and you can go anywhere, move to England. It i illegal to import them and all pitbulls had to be neutered and it is against teh law to breed a litter of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals