Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 06:52 AM

396 posts, read 435,025 times

Advertisements

Hi Realtors. Just wondering what is the usual time frame to receive the report after a home inspection? In the past I have generally received it within 24 hours. Had inspection on Sat afternoon and still NO report (5 days), although my check was already cashed. He has not responded to my voicemail. Am I being impatient or is there a general time frame in which inspectors should have the report prepared? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 07:12 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,740,370 times
I've never had one that wasn't back by the next day.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:57 AM
QIS

920 posts, read 5,147,397 times
Waaaay too long unless the inspector told you when you it would be delivered some time in the future and you agreed to that.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:23 AM

455 posts, read 463,664 times
More than 24 hour turn-around is unacceptable. Even if there had been a death in the family, the inspector could have contacted you to let you know it had been delayed. If you have already given him/her a chance to respond and have heard nothing, I would file a complaint with your real estate comission and tell your Realtor to let other Realtors know about the poor customer service.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:29 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
did you get a radon test done, or anything else that required further effort after the inspection date? I've heard of a very few inspectors who issue the report once all the tests are completed.

Still, if you've contacted them (before a VM since 5 pm last night) and not heard back, engage your Realtor.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:07 AM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times
That is unacceptable during a real estate transaction. I've never gotten one later than 24 hours later. Sometimes we get them that night and all by the next day.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:31 AM

396 posts, read 435,025 times
Thanks everyone. Still have not received. Sent an email this morning and he responded that it would sent before noon. Now 1:30, still no report. I did let realtor know, but he was of my choosing- so not her problem. We shall see. Thanks again.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:37 PM

10,964 posts, read 21,980,652 times
Buyer side my inspector prints it onsite. Seller side it usually takes the other agent 3-7 days to get me copies of inspections and repair addendum.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:01 PM

347 posts, read 427,037 times
I'm not a realtor, but the home inspection I just had, I got the report 4 hours after the inspection was conducted. I had a radon test, but the test kit was dropped off at the home 48 hours prior to inspection.

As a seller, I was provided a copy of the inspection report within 24 hours, and the buyer put their requests to me within 36 hours. I think asking a buyer or seller to wait five days is ridiculous. How long is your inspection window? Because typically I believe it's around 10 days.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:33 AM

500 posts, read 583,323 times
That is way too long. The inspection report needs to be back to you pronto so that you can go over it, send request for certain repairs to the seller, they can counter or agree to fix/repair/replace. This is all done before your Option Period runs out for you, the buyer to conduct your due diligence to make sure the home and property are as they should be legally and up to code. What is the date for your Option Period to end?

We put a contract on a house on Friday night May 20th. It was accepted by the sellers on Saturday May 21st. On Friday night I sent an email to the inspector to schedule. He was out with his whole team to inspect the house on Tuesday May 24th. They inspected the house, took 5 of them about 4 hours. Then they had us meet them there and walked thru explaining and pointing out what they found. He emailed us the report that evening. We went thru it the next morning, highlighted the ones we wanted them to fix/repair/replace and highlighted with notes ones we had questions on, like it appears there was some water on the window sill on the X window and the area had recently been painted. What was the water from? Leak, left window open and rain or sprinkler? etc. The seller had a copy from us before noon on Wednesday. Our Option Period was 14 days, longer than average but has to do with the size of home and price. Normally it is 7-10 days.

You need to call the inspector and the broker at the Realtors office and tell them ths is unsatisfactory and is putting you in a very bad position during the time you are supposed to be doing your due diligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals