Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you use flyers?
I always create a flyer -- with the price 17 85.00%
I always create a flyer -- without the price 1 5.00%
I sometimes create a flyer 1 5.00%
I never use flyers 1 5.00%
I use a flyer alternative (like a 1-800 automated recording) 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:35 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,274,394 times

Advertisements

This is an off-shoot of the recent discussion that has sprung up on the RE consumer board about using flyers. Most of the consumers in that thread are saying they prefer for detailed flyers with prices to be provided in front of all listings. Some agents use flyers, some put prices, some don't, some never use flyers.

I thought a poll might be interesting. We seem to have a relatively broad cross-section of agents here (although obviously trending toward the more computer literate end of the scale). So why not see if there's any kind of consensus here.

Personally, I always do flyers (black and white in front of the house, color in the house) and I always have an exceptionally detailed virtual tour with both a sign rider with the exact virtual tour address plus putting the URL on the flyer. I always put the price, multiple photos, and as many relevant details as I can fit on the flyer as well.

What about y'all?

ps, You can answer that you "always create a flyer" if you do it for every listing where you're allowed to put a flyer box, even if you don't do it where it's not allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 08:51 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,896,556 times
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But after reading that thread I will be making a point to have flyers out on every house. I'm also just going to have a separate sign with the price right there for all to see.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:16 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,388,695 times
Always , and price is very important, as you want buyers, interested in the house, according to their affordability. No need to waste your time, and if you have comp it out, then you can be stable and positive about the price.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:38 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,980,652 times
I always make a flyer, but I also have a call capture # on them all. The point of any marketing is to generate a lead. The flyer doesn't generate a lead, but a call capture might.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:46 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
I always make hardcopy flyers with as many details and photos as possible, including price. The color copies are pretty expensive though even DIY with my high-speed laser. Since talking with many who are not net freaks like me, I make a point to have plenty available for the seller(s) to hand out as well. I do not do e-flyers, though I do e-advertise.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:16 PM

72,413 posts, read 18,199,776 times
For those that know me.I have changed my name from Dragonten to DaisyLovIzzy
It depends.If I leave it out in the box,I do not have a price. The agents in this area don't put the price.
I need to have the price on when I go to the Board meetings.Most do.
The flyer in the house needs the price on it.
So It really depends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals