Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 08:24 PM

8,666 posts, read 22,853,798 times

Advertisements

If your father signed the agreement, you definitely need to include him in the discussion with the broker. The broker is going to have to hear the chorus in this tune, you speak for dad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 08:44 PM

6,427 posts, read 10,260,812 times
If the OP doesn't have a POA then they really don't have much power to try to force anything with the Realtor or her broker. An office can have multiple brokers who work there, but there is technically only broker in charge in each office in Florida.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:24 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,146,620 times
Moderator cut: Personal attacks

look, there are certainly real estate professionals that never should have been given the chance at the assignment in the first place. At the same time, how much were you involved in choosing this person?

If your dad was the only/main one involved, and you're trying to help from afar, guess what - you are not the client.

if you got one offer from a party and told this agent "That's a joke. Tell them until they come up to $X that we're not interested!!!" ... guess what - if offer #2 was below $X you've already instructed the agent.

you're not there. you don't make it sound like you have any legal nor logistical authority. Perhaps a more cooperative tone on your part would help.

Or, you contact the agent's broker - tell her you want her broker-in-charge's name - and get moved to a different agent that is more willing to provide the level of service that you expect.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-09-2016 at 12:15 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 02:22 PM

22,237 posts, read 29,269,623 times
Quote:

look, there are certainly real estate professionals that never should have been given the chance at the assignment in the first place. At the same time, how much were you involved in choosing this person?

If your dad was the only/main one involved, and you're trying to help from afar, guess what - you are not the client.

if you got one offer from a party and told this agent "That's a joke. Tell them until they come up to $X that we're not interested!!!" ... guess what - if offer #2 was below $X you've already instructed the agent.

you're not there. you don't make it sound like you have any legal nor logistical authority. Perhaps a more cooperative tone on your part would help.

Or, you contact the agent's broker - tell her you want her broker-in-charge's name - and get moved to a different agent that is more willing to provide the level of service that you expect.

I was in Miami when we chose her. We interviewed 3 as 3 didn't even call us back. So we called 6. My father doesn't want anything to do with this and this is why it's being handled by me. I personally spent 1.5 months killing myself to prep my dads house to be listed so trust me, I'm the client even though I didn't sign the papers.

Yes we told her to decline below a certain amount but we still wanted to HEAR about ALL offers either way. We never heard about the second offer until 20 days later. Again, we still could have countered but we never got the chance.

Again, this person has not communicated with us at all. She has shown the house several times and not once did she contact us to say how it went. WE had to contact her.

WE hired HER. SHE needs to be on her game and in communication with us. Did I mention she didn't return my two voicemails or 2 emails for 5 days????

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-09-2016 at 12:16 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 03:09 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,707,643 times
Did you call the managing broker today?

Old 07-06-2016, 03:18 PM

No I got home from the hospital and went straight to bed so it's not a priority right this minute but I will tomorrow.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:50 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,707,643 times
I think it will work out fine but please post what happens.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:30 AM

Sorry I've been out of touch. I just started a new job that I'm working 11 hour days and trying to feel better so its been tough. So I haven't called yet. Going to call Wednesday as we had an open house yesterday and not one phone call/email/smoke signal about what happened at the event. Nothing still on the person who requested the survey several weeks ago.

I seriously don't know how she has a job. I need to get my license as I'd do 1000% better

Old 08-01-2016, 08:47 AM

Called the managing broker today who got extremely defensive and didn't let me explain anything. All she did was say "She's not like that." And "she's one of our top agents." So basically the broker didn't listen to a word I said, didn't apologize for anything and just defended her. The conversation lasted less than 2 mins.

Any other recommendations at this point? Thanks again for your help

Old 08-01-2016, 09:18 AM

10,940 posts, read 21,914,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Called the managing broker today who got extremely defensive and didn't let me explain anything. All she did was say "She's not like that." And "she's one of our top agents." So basically the broker didn't listen to a word I said, didn't apologize for anything and just defended her. The conversation lasted less than 2 mins.

Any other recommendations at this point? Thanks again for your help
Just let them know that you want to be released from your listing and any obligations. Get it in writing. Then hire someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals