Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 10:05 AM

2 posts, read 2,803 times

Advertisements

I have a question? I don't have much experience so this might seem like a silly question for a lot of you. I recently acquired a lead, scheduled an appt to meet with this person and show them a property. The day of the meeting the person emails asking for the MLS number. I did not give it as it seemed like sensitive information and I was afraid they would run with that back to another realtor thus taking my business with them. Am I too paranoid? How much info should I be giving out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 12:04 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Have you met in person with them? If you meet in person and get an agency agreement and develop some sort of trust w/ the client it shouldn't be an issue.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:07 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,224,774 times
That customer probably just wants to do a drive by and not meet with you unless they feel like you can offer them value (the keys). They may either already have an agent or may have no intention of hiring one at this time. I assume you scheduled the appointment in your office, good job. You might want to have 2-4 properties scheduled to look at after your buyer interview to hold them to coming in because they know you have scheduled some homes to look at. Your chances to sell your value with just one home are not very good. If these are the types of buyers who just want to see houses and don't care who opens the doors, there are many others out there who will see the value that you bring and willingly sign on with you. Good luck!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:42 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,897,694 times
Have you spoken with your broker about how to handle this type of situation?
Personally I would have either ignored the email since it's the day of the meeting or I would have replied there are a couple we will go over when you get here. They may have just wanted the mls # so they could look at the listing online before coming in to see if it really was something they would be interested in. I deal with a lot of people relocating so they have listings sent to them all the time..those include the mls # and the address so it's not proprietary information at all but I can understand your hesitance. Was all of your communication via email?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:42 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Not entirely of track but read this:

Do You Have Game?
by Marylyn B. Schwartz
The most valuable player on a team earns his/her stripes when he/she is able to combine skill, strategy and, if it happens by, a bit of luck to their (as well as the team's) advantage. Top scorers are warriors who get knocked down and jump back up swinging ready to re-double their efforts toward the goal. "She's got game," compliments a winning attitude, smart moves and despite it all, a sense of humor.
Realty Times - Real Estate News and Advice

Old 02-21-2008, 03:38 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,857,067 times
I would have emailed them out of the mls the listing, its fine to do that and they could have looked at pictures of the property. thats my advice
good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals