Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:16 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Anyone want to clarify? Is there such thing as a buyers agent who is not affiliated with a company selling real estate and doesn't sell real estate themselves?
This is the original question. The answer is YES. If you want to hire a buyers agent who does not and will not list property for sale, with a company that does not list property for sale, you can, in many markets. (I'll not get into a discussion of whether you SHOULD do this, or if there are any benefitrs to it.) You want an EXCLUSIVE BUYERS AGENT, and can find a small list of them at the website for the National Association of Exclusive Buyers Agents (http://www.naeba.org/index.htm - broken link). I disagree with much of their propoganda, so I recommend you read it cautiously. But if that's really what you want to do, there ya go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 10:53 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I disagree.

You would have found out the complete picture if you had gone to the presentation at the Convention
What do you disagree with? Not TB in OK? Not TB default in FL and CO?
Did not happen in the last ten years? Not changing statutes in NV?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
What do you disagree with?
May I suggest you re-read my post. My disagreement is clear - I stated your statement I disagreed with.

There is no "trend" as you suggest. Three/four areas, in the last 10 years is not a trend.

And, I also noted that you would have been better educated on this issue if you had attended the appropriate / specific forums on the issue at the convention.

Perhaps you might consider getting the ABR designation -

Old 02-25-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
This is the original question. The answer is YES. If you want to hire a buyers agent who does not and will not list property for sale, with a company that does not list property for sale, you can, in many markets. (I'll not get into a discussion of whether you SHOULD do this, or if there are any benefitrs to it.) You want an EXCLUSIVE BUYERS AGENT, and can find a small list of them at the website for the National Association of Exclusive Buyers Agents (http://www.naeba.org/index.htm - broken link). I disagree with much of their propoganda, so I recommend you read it cautiously. But if that's really what you want to do, there ya go.

I believe this is reasonably precisely addressed on the first page of the thread. I generally don't push the NAEBA site because it requires a detailed sign in and I presume it sells the leads to the members. The alternative explaination for the sign in is that NAEBA does not want to admit how badly they have shrunk and how small the membership is...

Old 02-25-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
May I suggest you re-read my post. My disagreement is clear - I stated your statement I disagreed with.

There is no "trend" as you suggest. Three/four areas, in the last 10 years is not a trend.

And, I also noted that you would have been better educated on this issue if you had attended the appropriate / specific forums on the issue at the convention.

Perhaps you might consider getting the ABR designation -
We disagree. Florida alone is a trend and a powerful one.

It is likely that the Admiral or I will pick up an ABR one of these days. It is really the Admiral's bag but she does not like things that have tests...so she will likely send her flunky..

Old 02-27-2008, 08:54 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,223,779 times
I can't act as a Transaction Broker and I fired customers recently who refused to hire me to represent them. It's in my blood to put my heart, soul (and mind) into anybody I work with and to anything else doesn't cut it for me. I can't do things half-assed. If all the agents act as TBs, what is the differentiating factor among them? I can only think of one thing, and it's not a winning formula to a successful transaction or career in real estate.

JMHO.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:01 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,896,556 times
lol. Just what is half assed about transaction brokerage?
Quote:
it's not a winning formula to a successful transaction or career in real estate.
That's too funny. I guess there aren't successful transactions or careers going on in Florida, Arizona and the other various states that have transaction brokerage. What a ridiculous statement to make.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:09 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoasting View Post
lol. Just what is half assed about transaction brokerage?

That's too funny. I guess there aren't successful transactions or careers going on in Florida, Arizona and the other various states that have transaction brokerage. What a ridiculous statement to make.
For the record, we do not have transaction brokerage in AZ

Old 02-28-2008, 09:32 PM

10 posts, read 42,004 times
In Illinois, and perhaps throughout the country. A Realtor or real estate agent can act as a listing agent (helps a homeowner sell a home by marketing it and representing the homeowners best interest) or can act as a buyer agent (helps and represents the person who wants to buy a home and they must not necessary sign a agreement to represent the buyer, but certainly can. The one agreement to actually purchase the home is required to buy, of course.) So while the person that you initial mentioned had an ad that showed their listings and what they have sold, that realtor can still represent someone )or you) who wishes to buy a home. Then to confuse you further, there's something called dual agency and that occurs when the same agent/realtor is representing both the homeseller and the homebuyer of the same home. There must exist a fair and neutral type of confidentiality in these cases. So as long as the realtor is licensed by his state. he/she can buy or sell a home, thus acting as a listing agent or a buyer agent.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:12 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,896,556 times
I stand corrected... it's New Mexico. For some reason I keep thinking that my father's property is in Arizona but it's in New Mexico. Sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals