Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 04:19 PM

43,286 posts, read 77,115,925 times

Advertisements

I drive clients any time they care to have me do so.
It is SO much more efficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 05:43 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times
Its our office policy to meet at office first, especially for first time. If they want to follow, fine. But sometimes it's just more efficient to ride together. And sometimes clients have flown in & we pick them up st their hotel. It's better for people relocating to the area who don't know their way around. But local buyers? Yes, we usually meet them at the property or have them follow.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I drive clients any time they care to have me do so.
It is SO much more efficient.
Exactly. Plus you get to know them better, get the chance to discuss the properties with them between houses, etc. But sometimes there are kids, car seats & such and it doesn't work.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:00 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,432,146 times
I think all year I only had 1 set of clients in my car as they were relocating from 4 hours away. Everyone else just either meets me at the first house. My current car is a Subaru Impreza that the lease payment is very low and good in the winter.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhall1 View Post
I think all year I only had 1 set of clients in my car as they were relocating from 4 hours away. Everyone else just either meets me at the first house. My current car is a Subaru Impreza that the lease payment is very low and good in the winter.
One thing that sticks out in my mind from visiting New England is how many Subaru's there are! The Outback is very popular.

Old 11-25-2016, 01:45 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
^^^ Subaru? nice car ... but clients should be more comfortable. Subaru is a family type car.

Toyota Avalon is my choice. Comfy, classy, reliable, and will last a very long time.

Old 11-25-2016, 02:03 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
I'll be the flashy agent I guess. Porsche GT4 and a Volvo XC60 for taking clients around in and racking up the miles. If someone is offended that I drive a nice car enough to not want to do business with me they are not the kind of person I want to help buy or sell a home. Be happy with others successes.
I recently traded in my Infiniti G35x for a BMW 340i x-drive and I can't believe all the comments and reactions I've been getting from people. It's really shocking to me as I drove that Infiniti for years and never heard a peep from anyone about it. A comparable BMW is maybe $5K more. I actually had a client say to me when I got the car "should I say your welcome?" and their house hadn't even closed yet. I live in a very affluent area of MA and my car could be described as mid-level at best which makes all the comments all that more strange.

Anyway, I love the car. It makes driving all over the place all day a heck of a lot more fun and enjoyable. Probably not what the OP is looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Exactly. Plus you get to know them better, get the chance to discuss the properties with them between houses, etc. But sometimes there are kids, car seats & such and it doesn't work.
I love driving my clients around because I love to be in on the inevitable "what did you think of that house?" conversation that always goes on in between showings in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
One thing that sticks out in my mind from visiting New England is how many Subaru's there are! The Outback is very popular.
I've always heard that Subarus are good in the snow and we get plenty of that around here.

Old 11-25-2016, 02:20 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
My BIL is a MA realtor, who drives an old pickup truck. I asked him why he didn't get something more prestigious, but he seems to think his clients like the lack of pretension.

Honestly, he's the type of guy who seems to work at being a failure, so I think his instincts tend to be wrong.

Old 11-26-2016, 03:42 PM

54 posts, read 81,293 times
I drive clients around if they want me to. Some are relos. Some are older people who don't want to drive. Some just want to sit back and be taken care of. Some want to chat about neighborhoods, what they saw or are about to see or whatever. Or are just gregarious people and want the company. I'm easy. I can drive, I will ride with you, or we can meet there. Although I am a natural introvert, I find that driving the clients around helps immensely with establishing trust and a closer relationship, perhaps upping the odds of future business or referrals.

Now about cars. I looked for a car that projected the right image, yet was affordable, has a very smooth ride, fits tall people comfortably (my husband is 6'6"), is easy to get in and out of, and can hold all my signs and other junk as needed. My perfect choice? A fully-loaded (everything but sunroof) 2011 Lincoln MKX (crossover) with 60,000 miles. It cost almost $50,000 new and I bought it about six months ago for $20,000. The MKX didn't change body style till 2016 so even though my car is a 2011 it could easily pass for a 2015. I have been very happy with my choice.

My husband drives an Enclave, which is slightly larger (more like an Explorer) and is also a fantastic car that you can pick up remarkably cheaply used.

I am so sorry this sounds a bit rude, but many of the cars suggested on this thread IMO have a bumpy ride, lots of wind noise or cheap feel to them. Both the MKX and Enclave give incredibly smooth rides with a luxury car feel for not much more money if you buy used.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:29 PM

43,286 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb2323 View Post
I drive clients around if they want me to. Some are relos. Some are older people who don't want to drive. Some just want to sit back and be taken care of. Some want to chat about neighborhoods, what they saw or are about to see or whatever. Or are just gregarious people and want the company. I'm easy. I can drive, I will ride with you, or we can meet there. Although I am a natural introvert, I find that driving the clients around helps immensely with establishing trust and a closer relationship, perhaps upping the odds of future business or referrals.

Now about cars. I looked for a car that projected the right image, yet was affordable, has a very smooth ride, fits tall people comfortably (my husband is 6'6"), is easy to get in and out of, and can hold all my signs and other junk as needed. My perfect choice? A fully-loaded (everything but sunroof) 2011 Lincoln MKX (crossover) with 60,000 miles. It cost almost $50,000 new and I bought it about six months ago for $20,000. The MKX didn't change body style till 2016 so even though my car is a 2011 it could easily pass for a 2015. I have been very happy with my choice.

My husband drives an Enclave, which is slightly larger (more like an Explorer) and is also a fantastic car that you can pick up remarkably cheaply used.

I am so sorry this sounds a bit rude, but many of the cars suggested on this thread IMO have a bumpy ride, lots of wind noise or cheap feel to them. Both the MKX and Enclave give incredibly smooth rides with a luxury car feel for not much more money if you buy used.

I just bought my third Ford Edge.
Little brother to your MKX.
At 6'5", I empathize with your husband. The Edge fits me well enough and carries 3-4 passengers easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals