Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 01:21 AM

5,048 posts, read 9,614,434 times

Advertisements

From what I can tell, you are talking about one photography company putting down another photography company. Perhaps both do at least some photography for realtors. I don't see where your interview brought up cutthroat Realtors. Are you saying the photography company owner perhaps is a realtor?

Aside from that, some realtors are out for themselves at all times, some at most, but most I've known are honorable, moral and ethical. For one thing, there is that Realtor Code of Ethics and local and state boards to which one can report less than ethical behavior. Then there's sitting near each other in lots of continuing ed and having to work together on selling a home from the buyer and the seller sides and being able to tell the broker who can speak to the other agent's broker.

I know some buyers who still think a real estate company is all working for them so they can ask anyone there to show them homes even if they have been working with a particular agent. And these buyers can think agents are getting a regular salary. And it's nice to still hear from an agent, no, you're working with our agent Jim Smith so let me get him for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 08:04 AM

1,066 posts, read 764,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
From what I can tell, you are talking about one photography company putting down another photography company. Perhaps both do at least some photography for realtors. I don't see where your interview brought up cutthroat Realtors. Are you saying the photography company owner perhaps is a realtor?

Aside from that, some realtors are out for themselves at all times, some at most, but most I've known are honorable, moral and ethical. For one thing, there is that Realtor Code of Ethics and local and state boards to which one can report less than ethical behavior. Then there's sitting near each other in lots of continuing ed and having to work together on selling a home from the buyer and the seller sides and being able to tell the broker who can speak to the other agent's broker.

I know some buyers who still think a real estate company is all working for them so they can ask anyone there to show them homes even if they have been working with a particular agent. And these buyers can think agents are getting a regular salary. And it's nice to still hear from an agent, no, you're working with our agent Jim Smith so let me get him for you.
Yes that is what I was referring to and that it didn't seem like an ethical way to do business. We didn't discuss realtors at all during the interview. As I wrote earlier, I equated the positive practice that most realtors seem to adhere to would also apply to the practices of the businesses that serve their interests (photography in this case). Clearly that same ethical practice doesn't apply when the service providers become involved in preparing a listing. At least in the case of a certain startup RE photog business trying to influence contractors to work for them. I had never even heard of the other RE photo company until it was brought up to me as a comparison... in fact...

...As an update to that original pondering that I posted... Two nights ago at a trade group meeting, I met an RE photographer that works for the very business that was on the receiving end of the slander during that interview. He contracts with them and said they were an excellent company to work for. He looked at my website and gave me contact information, thought they would be interested in my work. Wrote them yesterday, guess I'll see if it pans out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals