Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 07:37 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,842 times

Advertisements

We've gotten letters before, I don't respond. Not interested.

Getting either of the previous real estate agents involved would really back fire with us. They didn't fulfill all obligations of original purchase agreement. Found out a termite wasn't done, a couple years later. (Was going through documents, for a file.) Then Selling agent choose to harass me, instead of doing it. When I emailed her and said get it done or get reported to the state, she had it done. Unprofessional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 08:03 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
why don't you just contact the owners yourself? if you need or want an agent to help you there are many out there that will help with the transaction portion for a modest fee - not a "standard" commission. beware of those boilerplate buyers agency agreement forms that are written by Realtors for the benefit of Realtors. while there may be value to you to have an agent - you should determine what that value is. there are many options available to consumers in all aspects of the real estate transaction with costs ranging from a flat fee of $19.99 to provide forms and present an offer via certified mail, to an hourly fee (upfront or upon successful completion) to commission based. some will hold $$ in escrow. lots of options...

Old 05-24-2017, 10:12 AM

14,475 posts, read 12,101,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
In this situation, did you also list the property in the MLS? Or as a realtor, you can do the property sale working with these two parties without it being listed publicly?
We are not listing it on the MLS.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:21 AM

8,543 posts, read 14,020,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
I've done this. When I've sent letters, they've always gone unanswered. I've knocked on doors, and it's freaked people out. What I learned is to go back to the agent who had it listed and have them make contact. SOLD each time I got the previous agent back involved.
This has been my experience as well.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:37 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
We are not listing it on the MLS.
Same here.
Plenty of real estate transactions are not entered into the MLS.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:13 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Same here.
We are allowed to enter "non-MLS" transactions into our MLS, once they close. This is good policy, since it helps with reporting historical sales data for CMA's.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:34 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,287,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
If a seller doesn't want to pay my fee, but the buyer still wants representation on the purchase of the seller's property, then the buyer would pay my fee. If the seller pays the fee, or a portion thereof, then the buyer's obligated amount is reduced accordingly. It's addressed in the buyer representation agreement.
Thanks for explaining that.

I see, so your agreement is to protect you in case we run into a seller who doesn't want to pay any realtor's fees.

I'm trying to imagine a situation where someone had the house on the market with a realtor, and it didn't sell. Then gets contacted by someone else's buyer's realtor and doesn't want to enter into an agreement where they pay the any realtor's commission which is most likely what it was when it was on the market.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
why don't you just contact the owners yourself? if you need or want an agent to help you there are many out there that will help with the transaction portion for a modest fee - not a "standard" commission. beware of those boilerplate buyers agency agreement forms that are written by Realtors for the benefit of Realtors. while there may be value to you to have an agent - you should determine what that value is. there are many options available to consumers in all aspects of the real estate transaction with costs ranging from a flat fee of $19.99 to provide forms and present an offer via certified mail, to an hourly fee (upfront or upon successful completion) to commission based. some will hold $$ in escrow. lots of options...
Why don't I just contact them myself? Well, because depending on the situation some people might think I'm running a scam on them. Or trying to cheat them somehow. You have to carefully assess each situation. If the house was ever on the market and always with realtors, they might feel more comfortable with that. Some people don't have any issue with paying the realtor's commission and aren't trying to get away from that. Certainly if a home owner, who never had the house on the market said "No, thanks, I don't want any realtors involved" then I would deal with them directly through my real estate attorney. But if it is a house we have been watching for two years, and they keep taking it on and off the market reducing the price, they likely don't have an issue with realtors at this point.

If the home owner is willing to have realtors involved bringing it on the market again, then he's going to pay the commissions anyway, not me.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Same here.
What other kinds of situations would there be that sales wouldn't be made public through the MLS, other than the one I'm proposing?

If I went through the trouble to locate a property I want to buy, get a realtor and real estate attorney involved, it wouldn't be to my advantage to suddenly find it is promoted back on the market to the public.

What is the right term to ask for doing this? Simply ask for it not to be listed? Or how could I even control that if I have a buyer's realtor and the seller gets their own realtor who talks them into putting it back on the market claiming "the market is heating up!", along with an Open House and all that?

Old 05-25-2017, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
We are allowed to enter "non-MLS" transactions into our MLS, once they close. This is good policy, since it helps with reporting historical sales data for CMA's.
So even other realtors wouldn't be able to known this is taking place if it is entered as a non-MLS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals