Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 07:35 AM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times

Advertisements

That's ^ the best post on the thread so far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 07:51 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
The old one left me a little flat but I think their opinion of the new one is a bit inflated. You do have to admit that the new one stands out a bit more, though.

Yeah, ridiculous waste of my money. The whole board should be replaced.
BWAHAHAHAHA! Now that was cleverly funny!!!

Old 04-10-2018, 11:34 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,414,714 times
The new logo is clearly a dynamic, multi-faceted upgrade of the old logo. All of you R s should be very proud indeed!

Money well spent.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:55 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
Unimpressed, especially for the cost. Also not feeling the love for the 25% increase in dues they are planning for next year. Increases are supposed to help fund something referred to as Strategic Measures Advancing Realtors to Tomorrow (S.M.A.R.T.) Initiatives.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:22 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
They could have offered up $10,000 in a high school design competition and come away with a better logo, and some great PR.
Heck, I would have dropped the "R" and designed around "REALTOR®." The R means nothing to consumers.

The brand will be diminished, rather than enhanced, with the new logo.
did our fair city pay the same, or "just" $150K? either way, the argument is the same - seems like a lot of money, regardless of the collateral produced. At least Rawlee can claim some originality.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:56 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
The new logo is clearly a dynamic, multi-faceted upgrade of the old logo. All of you R s should be very proud indeed!

Money well spent.
All your R are belong to us.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:52 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,224,257 times
It's only a quarter of what they spent in 2006 and 2007 on their misguided "Great Time to Buy or Sell" campaign. NAR has an impressive record of squandering the member's money. An agent who isn't embarrassed to be a member of NAR is probably not paying attention.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:22 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,414,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
It's only a quarter of what they spent in 2006 and 2007 on their misguided "Great Time to Buy or Sell" campaign. NAR has an impressive record of squandering the member's money. An agent who isn't embarrassed to be a member of NAR is probably not paying attention.
Maybe they'll choose to resurrect that campaign for this year, too. Then we can all start to worry about the housing market again.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:32 AM

1,528 posts, read 1,589,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I LOVE this. It keeps me going.

It was a joke on consumers. That ad says to me "we've given up and we don't care. Try not to use an agent". Let's see, we make our money buying and selling homes so let's do an ad that says it's a great time to buy and sell homes so that people will buy and sell homes. Then talk in the text about just buying a home because selling a home doesn't usually get people that excited.

Let's talk about how there is a 'positive outlook'. Oh, what's a positive outlook. It's when there are "record home sales"! That's my favorite. Talk from the perspective of Realtors, not the consumer! Why does a consumer that you want to convince to buy or sell a home care about "record home sales"? But realtors do. Unreal.

I also love the inventory won't last. Gosh I better act now.

Oh and a picture of a "really nice" home.

But it's also irresponsible to tell people that a home is a "safe, secure" way to build long term wealth. It certainly can be. But that can depend on a lot of things and usually safe and secure are not words to use with things that can lose value. In many locations around the country people have lost their shirts on real estate.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:41 AM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Not sure I'm with them on it being a great time to sell, but it was a great time to buy.

We weren't Realtors® yet then, but we bought our house in that time.... We got a good deal on our place and we felt like we were the only ones buying. Had our Realtor®, and our lender, and the title company, all to ourselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals