Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,476 times

Advertisements

From My Brokerage Policies & Procedures Manual.

" When a floor agent or open house agent has initial contact with a new prospect, agent is to ask " Are you currently working with a real estate agent?" If prospect is an active prospect or seller of another agent of the same Brokerage, the agent is to act appropriately and contact that other agent."

QUESTION....How would you feel and what would you do if you found out the Floor agent or open house agent never contacted you about having contact with your prospect or seller and took on that prospect/seller as their own.

Both agents are from the same Brokerage.

I know there are a lot of variables to this question and the statement from the Policy & Procedures manual, so I am looking for your answers to the question as asked....

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 02:54 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
in general, I assume throughout the US we are required to ask the question. I don't really feel like looking up the COE right now, but I do know it includes something like "shall not interfere in the exclusive relationship of another agent".

Now, your company has a policy that, even if the caller and the other agent in your company HAVEN'T signed said exclusive agreement, they are to be treated as the client of the other agent. That seems fair to me ... for example, I have clients that call my office line, or my broker's line. And on the broker's line, they might just start gabbing with an agent, thinking "we all work together". Heck, I've got clients that think every single listing with my brokerage is "my listing"

Old 04-12-2018, 02:57 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
as to this, since it sounds like you've been the victim ...

Quote:
QUESTION....How would you feel and what would you do if you found out the Floor agent or open house agent never contacted you about having contact with your prospect or seller and took on that prospect/seller as their own.
I'd go straight to the BIC and tell them, and 100% expect the 2nd agent to bow out. pretty simple, isn't it?

UNLESS, the BIC contacts the prospect and the prospect says "yes, I was working with Positive2, but when Agent2 asked, I told them I really didn't like Positive2 and wanted a different agent."

Still, it's then incumbent upon the BIC to ask the prospect why, and then to sit down with both agents and discuss the situation.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:57 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,980,652 times
I'd have a conversation with my broker.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:58 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,740,370 times
If we had that policy and another agent violated that policy, I’d go to my broker and expect my broker to enforce the policy.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:02 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
If we had that policy and another agent violated that policy, I’d go to my broker and expect my broker to enforce the policy.
And then I'd let the air out of their tires.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:02 PM

14,473 posts, read 12,101,318 times
Agree with ^^ Designated Broker is the one who should sort this out.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:50 AM

43,281 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Sometimes these moments help one learn what sort of people one is working with; what sort of company one is associated with; whether it is time to move on.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:27 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,627,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Sometimes these moments help one learn what sort of people one is working with; what sort of company one is associated with; whether it is time to move on.
Ditto.

Old 04-16-2018, 11:53 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,487,298 times
#1....focus on listings, not on buyers calling in.
#2....it happens....no way to prove what was said and done....I can't tell you how many times buyers tell me they are not represented and they've signed a buyer's rep...or they haven't but have spent significant time with another agent. Sometimes I think they know and sometimes they don't.
#3....our company mantra is my listing, my leads, your listing, your leads....can't say that is always 100% followed, but we try to live it.
#4....can you put your number on your signs and listing info, so they call you and not the brokerage main number.
This is something to think about as we move forward....Early on I was a little leary about using the brokerage assigned email and phone....I thought if I ever leave or they go out of business I don't want all my marketing efforts wasted. I've left and they're gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals