Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 04:13 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I get it. But really, a number of people said I should wait. But that's why I am meeting with them tomorrow to discuss strategy.

My best friend was in town and we asked to go over and see it again and I wanted her to play 'bad cop' and say things like "How much is the square footage again'? to drive home the point it was overpriced but she walked in and goes 'It's beautiful'. lol. She was fired from bad cop really fast.

Also, another house is coming on the market down the street. BEAUTIFUL house. But older and undoubtedly all the issues of an older home along with it. I think they are going to list it too high, too. We are probably going to see it next week.
I do wonder why you must project what might happen. if indeed it does have a lot of problems (presumably old roof, HVAC, windows) and they overprice it ... then why bother even looking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 04:20 PM

21,928 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I hear ya Grlzrl. I am waiting until early December to make an offer on the house we've been watching that's also overpriced. We are 4 hours away and they were still making repairs the last time we looked at it. I wasn't willing to make an offer until all the repairs were completed (before ordering an inspection). It's overpriced by about $50K. We'll look at it after the repairs have been completed and at a couple of other homes and go from there. But yeah, I get waiting, though I will only be waiting about 4 months for a house that's not in a hot market.
It's ridiculous. I just don't get having a house this overpriced in this market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I do wonder why you must project what might happen. if indeed it does have a lot of problems (presumably old roof, HVAC, windows) and they overprice it ... then why bother even looking?
Just trying to see the alternatives. Also, it is quite a bit bigger than the county shows by about 25% so maybe it is worth more than I initially thought.

My agent just called the listing agent to ask if there were offers on the other house. Still no offers but this is what the agent said: “Sorry, our phones were out at the office this afternoon. No current offers, but I have a few a different groups that keep coming back. Write something up if they are interested.”

My agent says she wants to play people against each other which is certainly her right to do. I would do the same thing. I just don't understand way overpricing and no price movement.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:55 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Quote:
I just don't understand way overpricing and no price movement.
Because the sellers are human.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:02 PM

21,928 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Does ANYONE think there is any validity in the "You don't want to be the FIRST lowball offer"? Just curious. I can't believe how many local realtors seem to be steering me away from this house.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:59 PM

14,476 posts, read 12,107,650 times
No... IF there's a general rule I hear more often from old realtors, it's that the FIRST offer, is usually the highest offer.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:48 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Does ANYONE think there is any validity in the "You don't want to be the FIRST lowball offer"? Just curious. I can't believe how many local realtors seem to be steering me away from this house.
if the BIC is seasoned and successful, then I wouldn't be the one to argue their advice in the market they operate in.

We've been over this "don't want to be first and lowball" before.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:31 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:42 PM

190 posts, read 405,317 times
The first offer is usually the best offer. I can't imagine a realtor telling you to wait, makes zero sense. I mean, that is if you want to actually purchase the property.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:44 PM

190 posts, read 405,317 times
And why are you speaking to so many local realtors? Your agent should be your point of contact. This seems so bizarre.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:53 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:

“No current offers, but I have a few a different groups that keep coming back. Write something up if they are interested.
Lol

YOU are the ones who keep coming back.

Their agent has said twice now to make an offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals