Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 10:24 AM

673 posts, read 466,070 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be a little tough you. I am in real estate but not as an agent. I'm an investor. Over the last five years I have bought and sold several million dollars in real estate "over a land line". You need to open up your mind.
I still use a flip phone. Has someone convinced you landlines are bad? I'm typing on a computer that is connected to a landline............so what? I also have a landline phone and landline cable T.V.........and what do ya' know......they all work.

Get your mind right.

Now, on to realtors and you. At $200K.........you are considered a "low bucker". Meaning the agents make very little money off of a low buck purchase. Don't expect to much from the them at that price point. And, as others mentioned, deal with the listing agent as in "call them directly". I always deal with the listing agent. Use Zillow and Realtor.com. They aren't perfect by any means but I find what I'm looking for.

Realtors/salepeople.....as that is all they are. The majority of real estate sales people are nothing more than a used car salespeople with some added zeros to the price. The people that do the most difficult job are the Title and Escrow folks. They never get enough credit but are the first to be blamed if something is overlooked.

Don't get me wrong, there are many good real estate salespeople. Finding them is a different story.
Go into your search with the term "low bucker" etched in your mind.....
your life and your search will become much easier because now it's a mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 11:42 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
I'm going to be a little tough you. I am in real estate but not as an agent. I'm an investor. Over the last five years I have bought and sold several million dollars in real estate "over a land line". You need to open up your mind.
I still use a flip phone. Has someone convinced you landlines are bad? I'm typing on a computer that is connected to a landline............so what? I also have a landline phone and landline cable T.V.........and what do ya' know......they all work.

Get your mind right.

Now, on to realtors and you. At $200K.........you are considered a "low bucker". Meaning the agents make very little money off of a low buck purchase. Don't expect to much from the them at that price point. And, as others mentioned, deal with the listing agent as in "call them directly". I always deal with the listing agent. Use Zillow and Realtor.com. They aren't perfect by any means but I find what I'm looking for.

Realtors/salepeople.....as that is all they are. The majority of real estate sales people are nothing more than a used car salespeople with some added zeros to the price. The people that do the most difficult job are the Title and Escrow folks. They never get enough credit but are the first to be blamed if something is overlooked.

Don't get me wrong, there are many good real estate salespeople. Finding them is a different story.
I don't let people call me a low bucker or anything of the like in real life . Just saying . This is not my first house . If I have DIAL UP I WILL BE FIRED AND THROWN OUT OF MY NEW HOUSE, I cannot make that any clearer . Do you actually think I am going to go around in my life with LOW BUCKER etched into my brain ??? I don't think so . You may need to get YOUR mind right. Read my posts and btw I came from a family of developers and architects. I chose that price , I have plenty to look at that that price . We aren't waiting.

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 09-14-2018 at 12:24 PM..

Old 09-14-2018, 06:54 PM

566 posts, read 573,661 times
Quote:

Get your mind right.

Wow harsh much? I also work from home and a house like that would be an absolute NO GO. For those of us who rely on the internet for our income source it's not something optional. OP, we are currently in escrow on a home in a new location. This will be our 3rd purchase and I have NEVER worked with an agent that was anything less than VERY responsive. If I text my current agent a question I always hear from her within a few hours at most. If we wanted to see a house, she made time for us when it was convenient for us.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:03 PM

^^^ That , the whole post . I agree that has been my experience too . No ghosting.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:04 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I don't let people call me a low bucker or anything of the like in real life . Just saying . This is not my first house . If I have DIAL UP I WILL BE FIRED AND THROWN OUT OF MY NEW HOUSE, I cannot make that any clearer . Do you actually think I am going to go around in my life with LOW BUCKER etched into my brain ??? I don't think so . You may need to get YOUR mind right. Read my posts and btw I came from a family of developers and architects. I chose that price , I have plenty to look at that that price . We aren't waiting.

HAH!
You and agents were trolled in one post!
I would not buy a house served with anything less than broadband internet. Once you go fiber, you never go back.

While no agency agreement is required in CA, you may benefit from formally engaging an agent and signing one, as long as you are able to make the agreement fit your needs.
Agreement provisions are just one negotiation point on the path to transaction, so make sure you are comfortable with the provisions in the agreement.

I would suggest a unilaterally revocable exclusive agency agreement.
1. The agent knows you are working with only them, and they can expect a payday for their efforts.
2. The agent knows you can fire them if they don't meet expectation.
3. Expectations by both parties can be outlined in the agreement.

And, dump the agent you currently were working with. You were abandoned.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:49 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,579,775 times
Quote:

Get your mind right.

This is complete bull crap. Just about every single point of it. Nobody gives a flip about your flip phone.

The home didn’t work for their livelihoods, and now the realtor is checked out.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:55 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,579,775 times
Quote:
Yes , 200,000 +/- bank said I could have a bit more if I needed it but I really don't where I am looking . ALL of the houses that would work for us were/are well within our approval range . I made very sure of that and there are enough to see - if we could just go. I don't want to feel like I am bothering this lady.
Bothering her to make an easy 3K payday? Nah - you’re not. 10 days is an obscene amount of time, unless she went on vacation. However, she should have notified you in advance of that and provided her backup.

I’d say it’s time for her to go.

Now, the big issue for you will be that broadband thing in rural CA. However, don’t only rely on website “do we serve this address” stuff. I’ve been able to bring broadband to my cabin in the Sierras - it took an investment of my time and some money for the evil cable company but I was able to get them to extend about 500’ which brought it to my property line.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:11 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Dutchess.... I think you should try again with an agent who you think gets you, and what you are looking for. Try looking in a few real estate related facebook groups, ask for some local recommendations of good buyer's agents for a small farm. Hopefully you can find someone who wants your business.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:32 AM

Getting cable in the Sierra's in amazing . We were actually headed to Bishop but may stay in this area . This place with the internet issue was miles from anything but if I had been close enough I would have done it . I had to pay about 30 years back for electricity poles to be strung about a mile and that was tough . It was a co - op as well . Everyone had to vote on it .

She texted this morning saying she had been on a family emergency and would be back Monday . Even if that is true she could have sent a one sentence text 11 days ago . Definitely will be calling others she was put with me by another agent who said she could not help due to surgery . Someone wants to sell those houses they have listed , I just know it .

Old 09-15-2018, 11:37 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,905,591 times
Quote:

Adjuster, I didn't think I was being picky

I didn't mean that you were picky. I meant that it's the agent's perception of you.

I suppose I could have written it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals