Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 03:08 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
As mentioned, a Buyer's Rep agreement is not the same thing as a Listing Agreement. Also, it takes both of you to sign a contract for a contract to be binding. If you didn't sign anything, you don't have an executed anything. You have a half-signed proposal.

I agree with the above comments. A Buyer's Representation Agreement is not the same as a Listing Agreement and, if you are on title to the home, your signature is required as well as your husband's in order to list your home with a broker/agent.

By the way, if your husband alone signed the Buyer's Representation Agreement and you both plan to take title to the next home together, that agent has another issue for failure to obtain YOUR signature to the document.

My suggestion is to carefully read over what your husband signed, then consider that if this agent is not giving you the full picture/disclosure on the difference between a Buyer's Representation Agreement and Listing Agreement ---- why would you want to hire a listing agent that is not dealing with you in an honest and open manner up front?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 03:21 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
I agree with the above comments. A Buyer's Representation Agreement is not the same as a Listing Agreement and, if you are on title to the home, your signature is required as well as your husband's in order to list your home with a broker/agent.

By the way, if your husband alone signed the Buyer's Representation Agreement and you both plan to take title to the next home together, that agent has another issue for failure to obtain YOUR signature to the document.

My suggestion is to carefully read over what your husband signed, then consider that if this agent is not giving you the full picture/disclosure on the difference between a Buyer's Representation Agreement and Listing Agreement ---- why would you want to hire a listing agent that is not dealing with you in an honest and open manner up front?
Yes, agree. BUT I really doubt with 3 years experience and her being a part time agent, she would wow me enough to get hired over the one who has 20 years experience and a marketing plan that sounded really good. My only issue with her is she is a close neighbor and I am a private person. Already someone has said some comments to me that I am wondering WHO told I am looking to move. There are really only two suspects and she is one of them.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:46 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Would you be comfortable with someone who was a part time realtor for three years? Normally I would agree but with a house that's overpriced by 20%, this will be hard, too.
Hell no. Having been in the business it's hard to find a top notch agent but I also know that I'd never hire anyone part time to help me.

You mentioned you have a financial manager. Would you let someone who was part time handle your finances? Would you let a part time contractor build a house for you? Would you let a part time doctor do open heart surgery on you? Would you let a part time lawyer represent you if you were facing a prison sentence? But hey, your call. I'm sure the home will eventually sell or you'll get around to making an offer.

Lastly, the house you want to buy or sell is not dependent on who you hire to represent you. It's getting hard to take you seriously at this point. I feel like we're all being slow trolled. This can't possibly be real anymore.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:35 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Would you let someone who was part time handle your finances?
Yes.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Hell no. Having been in the business it's hard to find a top notch agent but I also know that I'd never hire anyone part time to help me.

You mentioned you have a financial manager. Would you let someone who was part time handle your finances? Would you let a part time contractor build a house for you? Would you let a part time doctor do open heart surgery on you? Would you let a part time lawyer represent you if you were facing a prison sentence? But hey, your call. I'm sure the home will eventually sell or you'll get around to making an offer.

Lastly, the house you want to buy or sell is not dependent on who you hire to represent you. It's getting hard to take you seriously at this point. I feel like we're all being slow trolled. This can't possibly be real anymore.
Ok, so the agent came over today to give me her spiel. She tried to guilt me on signing the agreement. Or rather, that she spent time with me. (By my count, about 12 hours). It turns out it is expired. She then called me and told me if I doubt her experience, her managing broker would help her and he has done it for 30 years.

I also confirmed her time being and agent and her experience level. I was right on all counts. Became an agent to sell her husband's houses. Very little experience.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:

You don't need to reply to my thread if you don't want to. I don't care whether you believe it's real or not.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:24 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
You don't need to reply to my thread if you don't want to. I don't care whether you believe it's real or not.
How many times are you going to ask the same questions though? I believe there's an old saying about using the pot or get off it.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
How many times are you going to ask the same questions though? I believe there's an old saying about using the pot or get off it.
What question that was the same did I ask?

Old 11-30-2018, 11:06 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
IF I manage to ever get a contract on the house I want, I will have to sell my house. So in looking for a realtor, what should I be looking for? What questions should I ask?
Since I may be in a similar situation next year, I will be interested to read all the answers to your question and what you learn along the way.

I have been attending open houses in my community to determine who I would like to hire, and one thing that is very important to me is the demeanor of the agent and whether or not the listing agent is easy to reach by telephone. That may not be your preferred method of communication, however.

Have you already listed your own house?

Old 12-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Since I may be in a similar situation next year, I will be interested to read all the answers to your question and what you learn along the way.

I have been attending open houses in my community to determine who I would like to hire, and one thing that is very important to me is the demeanor of the agent and whether or not the listing agent is easy to reach by telephone. That may not be your preferred method of communication, however.

Have you already listed your own house?
Nope, not yet. As I expected, our first offer was declined. They countered at some ridiculously high number and now I am waiting til they get a clue. Historically, I have seen this agent's listing sit on the market for as much as two years. So since they have been on the market for 7 months now, I figure sometime in June of 2020 I will move. But I expect a lot of new inventory in March. I think the chances are slim I will find something I like so I can wait as long as it takes. I don't have to move.

I ended up decided that I really liked that agent. She is like a dog with a bone and very determined to get me this house. Since she doesn't have a ton of listings to manage, she is willing to focus on this deal as much as I want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals