Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 09:26 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,055 times

Advertisements

We own a few rental properties (mostly SFRs with a few multiunit properties) and until now we’ve been managing our rentals using a mix of Zillow Rental Manager/Postlets and Google docs. We’re looking to get a little more organized/automated, and have been taking a look at Cozy.co. It seems promising, but it looks like it lacks the ability to automatically post to Craigslist, which would be a really nice timesaver.

Are there any other apps out there that we should take a look at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 07:02 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
I’m not sure anything let’s you automatically post to Craigslist anymore. But, I haven’t used CL in several years, since I don’t like scammers stealing my legit ads.

If you’re a small shop and just need to have a basic structure to manage day-to-day management stuff, have a look at Buildium. I’ve used it for 10 years in my PM business and it has been sufficient. However, I’ve gotten to the point where I want more customization and integration with other ancillary systems, and Buildium doesn’t have that capability. So, I’m in the process of switching to RentManager.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:16 PM

738 posts, read 765,002 times
I've always found on commercial management software the best thing is go to icsc and talk to the software vendors themselves. They all have booths. I imagine a similar thing is true of the apartment and residential trade shows and they can talk though everything they offer.

It's also a good way to do it mentally. You can absorb the complicated parts for a few hours and then take a break and do vacation stuff.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:24 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,347,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
We own a few rental properties (mostly SFRs with a few multiunit properties) and until now we’ve been managing our rentals using a mix of Zillow Rental Manager/Postlets and Google docs. We’re looking to get a little more organized/automated, and have been taking a look at Cozy.co. It seems promising, but it looks like it lacks the ability to automatically post to Craigslist, which would be a really nice timesaver.

Are there any other apps out there that we should take a look at?
I would pass on Cozy.co. I had a tenant paying me rent thru that app and what this tenant did is go to his bank and claimed that the rent he paid to me was a fraudulent transaction. Equivalent to me writing a check to you and stop payment on it. Cozy.co tried to reverse his rent payment but I moved the funds out of the account cozy had access to and contacted the authorities on my tenant who I since evicted. Cozy.co seems to side with the tenants in issues like that. I'd say pass on Cozy.co

Old 06-13-2019, 10:01 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
I would pass on Cozy.co. I had a tenant paying me rent thru that app and what this tenant did is go to his bank and claimed that the rent he paid to me was a fraudulent transaction. Equivalent to me writing a check to you and stop payment on it. Cozy.co tried to reverse his rent payment but I moved the funds out of the account cozy had access to and contacted the authorities on my tenant who I since evicted. Cozy.co seems to side with the tenants in issues like that. I'd say pass on Cozy.co
Thanks. I ended up going with TenantCloud as it had a greater feature set and seemed more appropriate for the number of units we own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals