Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:24 PM

631 posts, read 2,445,994 times

Advertisements

On the ranch I'm in cowboy boots, jeans and a western shirt, sometimes the cowboy hat.
At the adventure property I'm in hiking boots, jeans and a company shirt.
Remote scare you land, I'm wearing jeans, hiking boots, bright orange baseball cap, bright orange vest (surveyors vest) and my 38. Probably a shirt too.
AT the office>
one guy walked in and asked if I was the shoeless broker.

Last edited by keeperk; 04-26-2008 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: fix a word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 09:58 PM

414 posts, read 1,257,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
My uniform when it is above 100 degrees and I am selling Sun City is cargo pants, boat shoes and a whte golf shirt. when it is someone important I dress up and wear an off white golf shirt.

Otherwise one waits until October for the uniform change.

If it is more than 1 million and the client is easterner than Brooks Brothers Khaki suit..with an off white golf shirt.

There is nothing other than my funeral that will get any of the 18 or 19 pin stripe suits out of the back closet. Hopefully by that time the moths will have done their thing and the Admiral will have to bury me in the Brooks Khakis.

She can be mean though...if I go out at the wrong time she will send me off wearing a power tie and tasseled shoes.
Well sugar, I hope those moths will have chewed them up good so you can be buried in your best pair of khakis!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:59 PM

414 posts, read 1,257,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie in Raleigh View Post
My company has no formal dress code, but I would think that all realtors will want to be dressed professionally. Recently one of my sellers had a realtor show up to show their home dressed in "yard work clothes" They called me right away to make sure he was actually a realtor.
Heh - I think his wife must've come to my house. "Yard work clothes" describes her garb perfectly!

Old 05-04-2008, 12:52 AM

15 posts, read 38,157 times
Going from walking new construction, to light carpeted areas, to walking land...I wear slip on leather comfortable dress loafers. I try to always look professional. However, I sure wish the clothing designers would get a clue about summer business wear in the southern climates. I like soft cotton that is wash and wear.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 PM

245 posts, read 761,739 times
Here in Kentucky I wear business casual. A lot of that no wrinkle stuff just because you can climb in an attic or whatever and still look pulled together. I have never worn jeans to the office ,mostly black in some form . I do wear a suit or wrap dress on closing days.Never sleeveless because I once listened to a contractors wife dog the banker for having a sleeveless dress on at closing...it always just stuck with me. At my former office our broker didn't want any open toed shoes because "toe cleavage turns men on"...I kid you not she said that!
I keep rubber boats in my trunk for walking acreage...of course they are black with white polka dots and a smidge of hot pink! And I always have baby wipes to clean my shoes.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:11 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
I solicit business at the local nudist resorts. That way I don't have to worry about any dress code.

The only problem is it's tough to find a place to pin on my name badge.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:13 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Thumbs up Doooooooood, you should...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I solicit business at the local nudist resorts. That way I don't have to worry about any dress code.

The only problem is it's tough to find a place to pin on my name badge.
....just have it inked on permanently.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:44 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Never thought about a tattoo, great idea. Maybe put it where the ladies get their "Tramp Stamps" ? But then I'd have to turn around and moon someone for them to remember my name.

What happens if I change brokers though ?

Old 08-10-2008, 03:52 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Never thought about a tattoo, great idea. Maybe put it where the ladies get their "Tramp Stamps" ? But then I'd have to turn around and moon someone for them to remember my name.

What happens if I change brokers though ?

Aaaahhh, I see that you are one of those "cerebral types" who have to consider all the options.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 AM

33 posts, read 119,529 times
Depends on the client, the price point we are looking at, the "vibe" I get from them, and what kind of rapport/how long we have been working together.

I've done everything from suits to unfortunately going straight from the gym on an appointment that just popped up last minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals