Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 07:09 AM

5 posts, read 1,528 times

Advertisements

MikePRU - thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check out that course!

Diana - thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 02:08 AM

5 posts, read 1,528 times
MikePRU-What do you think about Keller Williams for a new agent? How are leads? I'm going to post a question on the main board about this, too. I'm curious how it is in comparison with Berkshire Hathaway's training and leads as well as their fees. Thank you!

Old 08-06-2019, 09:22 AM

14,417 posts, read 11,948,812 times
We started at Keller Williams and had an excellent training.

But even while we were there the people and organization changed a few times. There is much that may be the same across the country with some of the big firms, but every Brokerage will be run slightly differently and the organization of who does trainings will vary dependent on local talent and personnel available. Choose your initial firm based on the training and personalities at the brokerages where you are.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:55 PM

8,539 posts, read 13,961,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noothernamesleft View Post
MikePRU-What do you think about Keller Williams for a new agent? How are leads? I'm going to post a question on the main board about this, too. I'm curious how it is in comparison with Berkshire Hathaway's training and leads as well as their fees. Thank you!
Most real estate brokerages are locally owned, independent franchises. So what is offered to you will often vary from office to office even if they are franchises of the same brand. This being said, the brand does have some influence on the culture of the local office.

For example, I previously worked at a Berkshire Hathaway office. There was absolutely no training available in the office. For years, no training or mentorship was offered. Ownership changed at one point and they started doing a training class about once a quarter. I went to the national sales convention one time and I don't think anyone said a word about training either.

About a year and a half ago, I moved my license to Keller Williams. We have multiple training classes available in our office every week. I have access to additional classes online and there is a coaching program available if I want it (it's not free but it's there at least). I also went to the national KW convention when I joined the office. All they did was talk about training, coaching, and technology. I've since become the chair of my office's education committee and I know that corporate headquarters gives us mandates for training.

I don't know what you'll find when you look at your local offices. However, the difference between my BHHS experience and my KW experience has been night and day. A lot of that has to do with local ownership. However, some of it has to do with the corporate culture created at the national headquarters.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 21 days ago)

43,176 posts, read 76,815,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noothernamesleft View Post

Wherever you end up, you will starve if you depend on provided contacts for clients.
You will develop your own book of business by yourself to succeed.

I was at KW for 7 years. Lots of discussion.
Too much stressing of telemarketing, from the national, regional, and local levels inclusive, which is one reason they were named in a class-action suit last year for messing with people over the phone.
https://kehoelawfirm.com/robocalls/k...s-class-action

The training was named in another complaint this year, the Moerhl suit. That one has some marquee law firms involved, lending some credibility in the legal community.
KW's training scripts are called out.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alyyale.../#e20bcde2a44a

Bottom line, wherever you end up:
Learn the law and ethics, and know you are in an industry with crosshairs on it from legal opportunists who have issues with industry practices.
Conduct your business with a tight grasp on right and wrong and conform to a high personal ethic and standard of integrity.

Be a bit skeptical when listening to gurus, thought leaders, mentors, and old dog "always done it this way" trainers.
When someone says, "You can get around it by...." go on full DEFCON ethical alert.
Remember, "Mama always said, 'Trashy is as trashy does.'"

Know your personal boundaries, and back away from some sorry industry-taught practices.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 08-08-2019 at 08:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals