Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 11:14 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
@2B and MJ - Interesting. I wasn't aware. In SC you need to be a member of that MLS to get paid as it serves as the contract between brokerages for compensation. What about some of the states other than SC, NC, or CO? Chime in agents.
This is true in our MLS (and I assume Texas MLS's) also to technically get paid. If you are not a member of the MLS, no guarantee you will get paid since it's a contract between agents.

OP will not be back. What he does not want to to do but does not know how to express is to join all the Realtor Associations and other voluntary groups. Without Joining TAR he'll have to hand write his contracts, no ZipForms free.

He'll need to join something around Houston to get access to the MLS but they will have their own rules. He may find a Broker who let's him do searches under their ID but that would be against the rules.

Like some low life agents he could tell his Buyer to go solicit Listing Agents to show the home, find the home and then come to him to write the offer. Let the Buyer do all the leg work and find the house.

But I doubt OP will be back and I would hate to be the listing agent that has to deal with this person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 08:05 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Here we don't have to pay non-MLS member agents, but my listing agreement says I will. My MLS membership says I don't, and most of the agents from outside my MLS system submit the agreement to pay with their offer indicating what they will get paid.
Same here in MA. I'm only required to pay a cooperating agent if the listing is posted to MLS. However, my listing contract specifies the amount I will be paying to co-brokes regardless of whether it's on MLS or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals