Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 02:29 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Open houses are opportunities for agents and brokers to meet new people, learn about their market, and prospect for new opportunities—but they aren't good for buyers or sellers.

Open houses do little in the way of selling property, and it seems that every year, the NAR survey of homebuyers and sellers reflects this reality.

Of the surveyed agents in the study referenced above, more than half (54.6%) of agents who hold open houses said they do so to prospect for future clients, and to benefit their own brand recognition.

What’s disappointing in this strategy and substantially more ironic is that 54.7% of surveyed agents said they hold open houses "to demonstrate to the client that [they’re] working to sell [the] home."

This according to James Kimmons is the author of "The Real Estate Agent's Desk Reference" and "70 Things First-Time Homebuyers Need To Know"

Hogwash.
Open houses?
A la Michael Jordan: "I miss 100% of the shots I don't take."

We do so many marketing efforts that yield so few results, I don't see why open houses are always singled out for a bogus bad rap.
Now, if a scumbag agent is putting a family out of their home for hours so they, or an associate, can scrape up buyer leads, that is just terrible behavior.
That abysmal practice data should be separated from legitimate open houses, which are held only to sell the subject property.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 01-09-2020 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 03:44 PM

3,609 posts, read 7,921,245 times
If you are ready to sell you are ready to pack up all the valuables and things you consider personal.

The sooner lots of potential buyers see the house, the sooner the house will no longer be yours. Which you say is your desire.

Old 01-10-2020, 11:37 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,522,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Hogwash.
Open houses?
A la Michael Jordan: "I miss 100% of the shots I don't take."

We do so many marketing efforts that yield so few results, I don't see why open houses are always singled out for a bogus bad rap.
Now, if a scumbag agent is putting a family out of their home for hours so they, or an associate, can scrape up buyer leads, that is just terrible behavior.
That abysmal practice data should be separated from legitimate open houses, which are held only to sell the subject property.
I've sold several homes that ive held open houses on. They are invaluable. Especially helpful on homes that arent vacant done when first listed. It only inconveniences seller for several hours, yet gives agents and buyers a chance to all show at once. Often results in quick offers because if buyers see a lot of other potential buyers they tend to move quickly. Also tends to get people that may have an agent, but not with them, that get a chance to see it, and can get with their agent afterwards if they like it. Have sold about 4 that way. (Where buyer looked alone, and had agent bring back for 2nd look and write offer).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals