Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2020, 02:17 PM

782 posts, read 1,355,296 times

Advertisements

I bought some wooded hunting acreage in rural Georgia and really love going to it.
I have been eyeing the adjacent parcel of 5 plus acreage that borders to the east with my property as a possible site for either a base camp with possibly a cabin. It is pretty property and has been unoccupied for some time.
There is a fenced area of about 2.5 acres containing an old single -wide trailer (unlivable), alot of overgrown brush around the yard area and several pines that have sprouted up. The back 3+ acres is wooded.
Today, I called the owner who is an older lady living some 3 miles from here. She expressed willingness to sell since she never goes to it but has to pay it's taxes along with her current rural residence.
She tells me that the well and septic both worked when she last lived there some 7 years ago (I don't know anything about them but am wondering how long these last).
She wants to talk it over with her son tomorrow and so I am hoping for the best.

Last edited by outdoorman; 03-22-2020 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2020, 05:54 PM

14,953 posts, read 9,787,725 times
Best thing you can do for yourself is own a piece of land. Hope it all works out for the best for all.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:28 PM

The neighbor has agreed to sell me her lot at a very good price.
Will add nice addition to my property as her already has large level area that was cleared and has the well and septic.
Now I'm calling around to find out how to get rid of the single wide trailer, hopefully with no money out.
I've called the local real estate attorney I've used before to draw up a purchase agreement/contract.
I'm definitely going to get title insurance and a survey (although, I 'm pretty sure of it's boundaries).
It already has a driveway and will need bush hogging to clear the overgrown brush.

Old 03-26-2020, 04:10 PM

6,340 posts, read 4,889,896 times
I suggest getting the well and septic professionally inspected as a contingency to buying.

Trailers are not generally part of the land so she'll need to product evidence of ownership that she can sign over to you. Too often in rural areas owners allow trailers to occupy the property for decades. Owners die or move away and nobody knows anything. Then one day a stranger comes to your property and says "What did you do with my trailer that I inherited?"

I doubt that you'll get rid of it for no money. If it's junk it has to be dismantled and hauled away. I doubt anybody's doing that for free.

Old 03-29-2020, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
I suggest getting the well and septic professionally inspected as a contingency to buying.

Trailers are not generally part of the land so she'll need to product evidence of ownership that she can sign over to you. Too often in rural areas owners allow trailers to occupy the property for decades. Owners die or move away and nobody knows anything. Then one day a stranger comes to your property and says "What did you do with my trailer that I inherited?"

I doubt that you'll get rid of it for no money. If it's junk it has to be dismantled and hauled away. I doubt anybody's doing that for free.

Thanks for the advice
I've began looking about ways to rid of the trailer for free (or at least without putting out much money)
The seller says she has the title for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals