Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 11:31 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,120 times

Advertisements

As a retired realtor that was very successful in my trade I can first of all tell you that a buyer does not pay the realtors commission, the seller pays the commission. If you are a buyer and have a GOOD agent their expertise is GOLD I would drop the agent you are working with and find a dedicated agent. Just because they were recommended by a friend or family member is not a good reason to stick with someone who is not being attentive to you especially in a hot market and that you are ready to buy now!! As with any profession there are dedicated workers and lazy workers. Find yourselves a dedicated agent and go buy your forever home, good luck!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 10:14 PM

492 posts, read 486,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettycote View Post
Her response time depends on when I reach out. If I contact her before noon, we get an answer around 6-7PM. Anytime time I try to contact her after noon means we don't hear back from her until the following morning.

Yes, most houses are getting multiple offers the same day they are listed. The latest one we missed out on was listed yesterday at 10:30AM. By 10:30PM, it was already under contract. I contacted our realtor to see the house at 2PM. Her answer was that she couldn't show before today at 7PM. That obviously didn't work out.

My issue is not having to look for listings myself. I have no trouble doing that, and have had lots of success finding the new houses within 2-3 hours of listing. I check several times a day, so really, that's not the problem. The problem is what comes after finding a listing I like...the scheduling of the viewing.

I'm leaning towards having a conversation with her about the difference in our sense of urgency, and giving her one more chance if she is willing to be more responsive when it comes to responding to our request to view houses. If it still doesn't work out, then I could try looking for another agent. Luckily we aren't bound by contract to her.

OP,

You need to change the realtor. Period. Otherwise dont expect to buy a house this season.

We just bought a house in a very hot market where there are multiple offers by day 2 and closing price is way above the asking price. We did our homework and as soon as the house came on zillow/ redfin/ mls, I used to scan the details to see if it works for us. Then call the realtor and we saw most of the houses same day evening or even at a short notice of 1-2 hours. We had a wonderful realtor. She understood the urgency in the market. Of course, ours was a more than million dollar house so she would be getting a high commission, but you can find a simple, but active realtor who works on houses in your range.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:38 PM

658 posts, read 723,496 times
Change realtor is your best bet here. When we went house hunting two years ago, our realtor was extremely responsive. Responding to txt, emails phone calls almost instantly even she was very busy. We saw 21 houses before our offer got accepted on the one we liked, which is our current home. It was a lot of work for her, and we could never thanked her enough.

Realtor agents who are attentive and able to understand what their client's expectations are out there. Set the ground rules upfront when you settle on the new one.

best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals