Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 07:39 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,219,988 times

Advertisements

Wondering how often you guys see a transaction fee being paid to a brokerage in addition to the commission and what you think of the practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 07:46 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
As my mother-in-law always says . . . water finds its own level.

KW does have an amazing amount of training available but it's up to the agent to take advantage of it or not. I was the education chair on our ALC last year and attendance levels in training classes was something we really struggled with.
Funny, I'm currently the chair for education for the ALC now, but we are calling it career development. Maybe it's who we've hired, but we've had great attendance for classes.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:46 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,501,664 times
A 50/50 split of a total sales commission is awfully presumptive that the buyer's broker/agent is going to match the selling broker/agent's level of service to the client. I prefer to slightly tilt the commission split towards my side and let the other side worry about making up the perceived imbalance from their own customer, if they choose to do so.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:13 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,022,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Funny, I'm currently the chair for education for the ALC now, but we are calling it career development. Maybe it's who we've hired, but we've had great attendance for classes.
So your market center hired a training person? Our training tends to be done by the agents, the ATL, or from time-to-time we bring someone in.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:12 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Wondering how often you guys see a transaction fee being paid to a brokerage in addition to the commission and what you think of the practice.
only with a few brokerages, but they almost always get it - primarily on the list side, but I do see it on the buy side rarely. Heck, even in our super-hot market, I've seen that "full" number that won't be mentioned plus a transaction fee on a house that sold with multiple offers day 1

Old 02-23-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
So your market center hired a training person? Our training tends to be done by the agents, the ATL, or from time-to-time we bring someone in.
Combination. We have a productivity coach but they are geared more towards accountability and generating income. We offer a number of local classes in addition to the national training, mostly taught by agents, geared towards becoming a skilled and knowledgeable agent. Both are important.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Combination. We have a productivity coach but they are geared more towards accountability and generating income. We offer a number of local classes in addition to the national training, mostly taught by agents, geared towards becoming a skilled and knowledgeable agent. Both are important.
Our PC does not teach classes. She only coaches the new agents 1-on-1. We definitely do a lot of the national training and when there isn't a global pandemic going on we usually are running Ignite and BOLD is typically running somewhere in the area. We're fortunate that our ATL is also the RTT so she teaches a lot of classes on getting the most out of Command.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Our PC does not teach classes. She only coaches the new agents 1-on-1. We definitely do a lot of the national training and when there isn't a global pandemic going on we usually are running Ignite and BOLD is typically running somewhere in the area. We're fortunate that our ATL is also the RTT so she teaches a lot of classes on getting the most out of Command.
Our PC doubles and does some of the tech training. For the skill classes it's agents. We have around 200 total agents but joint ownership with 2nd KW in our market that has ~100 agents. Separate offices, some of the same owners so we are trying to collaborate with them more frequently this year.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:02 AM

43,283 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Quote:
Our PC doubles and does some of the tech training. For the skill classes it's agents. We have around 200 total agents but joint ownership with 2nd KW in our market that has ~100 agents. Separate offices, some of the same owners so we are trying to collaborate with them more frequently this year.
Off on a tangent....

How do you blokes feel about Josh Team moving on to the next chapter in his life?

Old 02-24-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Off on a tangent....

How do you blokes feel about Josh Team moving on to the next chapter in his life?
My impression is that no one lasts that long in that role. So, it was bound to happen sooner or later. This being said, the email I got from corporate HQ gave me the impression that he was asked to leave. So, probably he and Gary weren't seeing eye-to-eye or perhaps Gary wasn't pleased with his performance. Hard to say but I'm confident they'll plug someone else into the role and things will keep chugging along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals