Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 09:54 PM

48 posts, read 31,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Were they apples to apples (can't compare 1 story to 2 story for example for comps) and closed within the last 6 months? Were they the same school district, etc? I don't know, just giving you some possible solutions since it matters to you. Trying to help. Your agent may not have done a CMA, but there is simply not enough info to judge.
Same number of bedrooms/bathrooms as my house maybe a difference of 100sq ft-200sq ft difference. Since they are in the same subdivision as my house the layouts are going to be the same models more or less.
Closed within 1-2 months of us listing.
same school districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 12:17 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,522,191 times
So you priced it at 485k but got 15k over, which is in line with the comps. What is the problem. You got 400k when you said the comps sold for 390-420.
And you are quibbling over a possible 250.00 fix that the buyers haven't even asked for.. if it wasn't hidden/ obstructed so they vouldn"t see the possible damage, then just say no. It's on them. If it was obstructed by something so they couldn't see it during showing/inspection, then if they mention it, give them the 250.00 credit.

Old 05-29-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
So you priced it at 485k but got 15k over, which is in line with the comps. What is the problem. You got 400k when you said the comps sold for 390-420.
And you are quibbling over a possible 250.00 fix that the buyers haven't even asked for.. if it wasn't hidden/ obstructed so they vouldn"t see the possible damage, then just say no. It's on them. If it was obstructed by something so they couldn't see it during showing/inspection, then if they mention it, give them the 250.00 credit.
$485 was a typo we priced it as $385

Old 05-31-2021, 06:46 AM

12,833 posts, read 9,552,972 times
I’m not sure your real estate agent is that bad honestly.

Old 05-31-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I’m not sure your real estate agent is that bad honestly.
Trust me they are an idiot, I did all the leg work for this deal because I was the only one looking out for my mother.
Ex. At our settlement signing the attorney never got a copy of the second termite/moisture report which the agent emailed me 2 days prior. So when the attorney contacted my agent why they never got it the agent said they emailed it to me. Then the attorney told them they should not expect the client to deal with documents the agent should be responsible for delivering to the closing attorney.

If I hadn't brought that up who knows what would need to happen AFTER we signed all the papers then the agent brings up this missing document.

Idiot......

Old 06-03-2021, 03:17 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,373,198 times
Quote:
If comps were 390-420 and you listed at 385 the sharks would have been circling. You'd have been inundated with showings and offers. Based on the lack of showings and only 2 offers I don't believe the 390-420 comps are an accurate price range for your home. I'd say 375-400k would be more like it. Anyway, you're just stressing yourself out. It's closing soon. Sign the docs and mphone call screenove on. From what you've posted I believe the end result is good for you. Congratulations on the sale and I wish you the best in your next move. You also gained an important learning experience. With your next agent, hire someone that will meet your education and communication expectations.
Excellent advice but can be a challenge to do!! I have experience buying and selling our primary residences across multiple states. The area we are in now is a whole other realm of folks who are not the best, and are barely good at what they do and these are the "experienced" folks. I have vetted potential listing agents and it is one thing after the other.

It's almost at the point now where I am actually considering going with an agent who only works M-F which in this market seems ridiculous. Only because of the three folks we've met with in person, then the maybe eight that haven't got past the first phone call screen, he is the only one who seemed to know what he was doing!

But man, he doesn't work weekends. So if I want to list the house on a Thursday or Friday which I do and make a decision by Monday...what? I can't? He's not available to field offers? No way. My husband wants to chat with the agent again and see if the agent is firm on his no weekend working. At this point I'm sort of going with, "When a person shows you who they are" theory or in this case tells you - believe them.

I understand what the OP is talking about for sure. We had some things happen during the listing presentation that I could tell were likely foreshadows to what the overall listing experience would be like.

Thanks to all who read this mini rant lol. I feel better now; somewhat .

Old 06-03-2021, 03:34 PM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
Excellent advice but can be a challenge to do!! I have experience buying and selling our primary residences across multiple states. The area we are in now is a whole other realm of folks who are not the best, and are barely good at what they do and these are the "experienced" folks. I have vetted potential listing agents and it is one thing after the other.

It's almost at the point now where I am actually considering going with an agent who only works M-F which in this market seems ridiculous. Only because of the three folks we've met with in person, then the maybe eight that haven't got past the first phone call screen, he is the only one who seemed to know what he was doing!

But man, he doesn't work weekends. So if I want to list the house on a Thursday or Friday which I do and make a decision by Monday...what? I can't? He's not available to field offers? No way. My husband wants to chat with the agent again and see if the agent is firm on his no weekend working. At this point I'm sort of going with, "When a person shows you who they are" theory or in this case tells you - believe them.

I understand what the OP is talking about for sure. We had some things happen during the listing presentation that I could tell were likely foreshadows to what the overall listing experience would be like.

Hot market? A competent agent may get away with it. Buyers will wait until Monday, or Tuesday, or later, for good news.
Not MY thing, but I can see how it may not hurt a seller at all in a hot market.

Now, if you want him to be your buyers agent in a hot market? No weekends is a complete dealbreaker.

Old 06-03-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Hot market? A competent agent may get away with it. Buyers will wait until Monday, or Tuesday, or later, for good news.
Not MY thing, but I can see how it may not hurt a seller at all in a hot market.

Now, if you want him to be your buyers agent in a hot market? No weekends is a complete dealbreaker.
Thanks for responding. Yes, it's a hot market. Bolded is pretty much what he said. His words were, "If they want it they'll wait." Seems presumptuous and smug. I typically want to at least like the people I'm doing business transactions with especially if I am paying them . But lol, like my hubby reminded me we do want the house sold and at this point believe the agent will be competent and don't want to keep kissing frogs to find somebody.

Old 06-03-2021, 05:09 PM

10,964 posts, read 21,980,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post

Hate that for you. Rural areas can be a challenge. Sometimes you just gotta work with what you got.

Old 06-03-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Hate that for you. Rural areas can be a challenge. Sometimes you just gotta work with what you got.
Thank you! You know from whence I speak lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals