Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 06:59 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Have to agree with that!!
Facts are not the friends of loud, angry, emotional people. Which is also why you cannot reason with someone who's emotional, unfortunately.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:11 AM

1,766 posts, read 1,222,543 times
And mortgage interest rates just keep climbing higher and higher every day. Once we break 4% next STOP should be 5% and reality is going to set in to many speculators that the party is over.
Don’t FIGHT the FED. Seriously now, how stupid do you have to be to bet against the FED?

Old 02-08-2022, 08:22 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
And mortgage interest rates just keep climbing higher and higher every day. Once we break 4% next STOP should be 5% and reality is going to set in to many speculators that the party is over.
Don’t FIGHT the FED. Seriously now, how stupid do you have to be to bet against the FED?
Rising interest rates hurts owner occupants taking out a mortgage more than cash investors. You don't realize that yet, do you?

Falling prices hurts owner occupants trying to sell a primary residence more than it hurts investors that rent houses out, since they are investments. You didn't think that far ahead, did you?

Old 02-08-2022, 10:09 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times
If you see grey, stay away.

The house has been flipped on the cheap.

Old 02-08-2022, 10:36 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Yes the same FED. The FED lost control of inflation and has no choice but to rises interest rates. The party is ending. All this nonsense about the lack of inventory, pent up demand and etc. is just that nonsense. Without the FED in business of suppressing interest rates housing bubble 2.0 will deflate and all real estate speculators will end up just like those fools back in 2007-2008.

Just look what happened to BUY the DIP traders and investors in the stock market lately. Without the FED “PUT” the party is over. Only a FOOL would fight the FED and bet the opposite way.

Good Luck!
I wouldn't bet on it. If they have to decide to help middle America or the stock market who has lobbyists galore, I am going with the stock market. We'll see. They are doing a lot of praying that inflation subsides. Personally, I don't think it will until they quit with the punish the energy sector policies, but that's just me.

Old 02-08-2022, 10:52 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
If you see grey, stay away.

The house has been flipped on the cheap.
The greige trend is disgusting, I wish it would leave already.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Rising interest rates hurts owner occupants taking out a mortgage more than cash investors. You don't realize that yet, do you?

Falling prices hurts owner occupants trying to sell a primary residence more than it hurts investors that rent houses out, since they are investments. You didn't think that far ahead, did you?
Rising interest rates will deflate housing bubble and every potential buyer is better off buying when interest rates are high and purchasing price is low. Let me guess you don’t tell that to potential buyers don’t you? Only a fool would buy when interest rates are artificially low and purchasing price is high.

Housing market is in a BIG FAT UGLY BUBBLE unless you think home prices going up 20% to 30% in one year during pandemic is normal?

If the FED is finally serious about paying the PIPER the party is over and housing bubble 2.0 SUPERCHARGED will implode and speculators will run for exits and beg for cash because everyone will want to keep the money in savings accounts and bank CD’s earning safe returns. No one will care about speculating with housing or calling a housing investment. This craziness was all because of ZIRP and cheap money.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:11 AM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
Quote:
Rising interest rates will deflate housing bubble and every potential buyer is better off buying when interest rates are high and purchasing price is low. Let me guess you don’t tell that to potential buyers don’t you? Only a fool would buy when interest rates are artificially low and purchasing price is high.

Housing market is in a BIG FAT UGLY BUBBLE unless you think home prices going up 20% to 30% in one year during pandemic is normal?

If the FED is finally serious about paying the PIPER the party is over and housing bubble 2.0 SUPERCHARGED will implode and speculators will run for exits and beg for cash because everyone will want to keep the money in savings accounts and bank CD’s earning safe returns. No one will care about speculating with housing or calling a housing investment. This craziness was all because of ZIRP and cheap money.
As pointed out in post #99, where are your facts coming from? Please post that information so we can learn from your infinite wisdom.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
As pointed out in post #99, where are your facts coming from? Please post that information so we can learn from your infinite wisdom.
Economics 101 and healthy common sense. If I can get 5% safe and risk free return keeping my money in savings account and CD why would I play Slumlord and deal with falling housing prices and rents due to deflation and economic slowdown? You do understand that in order to slow down this inflation the FED needs to meaningfully rase interest rates? Not just symbolically.

Don’t fight the FED. The FED is telling everyone the party is ending but some of you are deciding to ignore it. Just look what happened to stock traders and investors who bought the DIP last few months. The FED “PUT” has NOT been felt any longer.

Old 02-08-2022, 01:26 PM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
I would love to know what bank is offering 5% on a savings account today because all I see at my bank is less than 1%. I earn better interest on my current IRA investments.

I have a college degree, taken college level finance and economics courses. There are not now, nor have there ever been easy answers from my experience when it comes to subjects like this. I do know that most economic trends occur in cycles of up and down and don't stay the same way for very long.

I am not pretending to be a walking dictionary by trying to quote authors and book titles and I am not trying to lecture others on my financial background/opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals