Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 06:56 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeStager View Post
I'm glad I have a chance to clear up a misconception that may be popular.

Flat fees get paid up front and then they are DONE with the seller after they put their stuff up on the MLS! Time savvy ones keeping their expenses low don't even act as a go between for showing calls. They just list the owners phone number and you go straight to them to make the showing appointment. Flat fee brokers do not earn commisions from the sale. They let their sellers out of the listing whenever they want out. There is no time term in the paper work signed. They get their money up front and have nothing to loose if the seller cancels their listing with them.

Maybe some old school flat fee MLS listers worked the way you think they do. Things have changed.

Thats besides the suggestions I gave. Nothing is prohibiting anyone from asking if they can come preview the place so they know it better for making a buyer match. It is at that time you have a chance to establish a general positive realtionship with them and they have your card. Who knows what can happen from there. If they decide to have full representation later, they met nice supportive understanding empathetic you and have your card. When they need to go house hunt, they met nice supportive, understanding empathetic you and have your card.

Get it?

For those looking for ways to get active to increase potential business and positive name recognition, flat fees and FSBOs are people to get familiar with.

Attending their Agents Only Open Houses or calling to come preview it, is your easy introduction.
No, you're wrong in SC also and probably almost every state. Your advice could have serious repercussions for the ethics violations. I suggest you leave the RE advice to Realtors and stick to the staging. If it's listed, even by limited representation it is just that-limited representation and therefore not a FSBO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 06:59 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeStager View Post
That's fine. I was addressing to different types of FSBO, the flat fee MLS types and the ones that don't list on it. For the ones not represented, 'rules" don't apply. For ones represented, you can still ask to preview their home, get aquainted and leave a card behind. That is all I am suggesting to a newbie looking for some action and easy inexpensive ways to get her name out.

8 out of 10 flat fee MLS listers convert to full service agents. It is smart to make them aware of you before they get to that point and choose someone locally.

Even with the ones not listed on the MLS, I certainly would not call them hitting them up with a conversion pitch. You may very well get hung up on. I would take the same approach and ask to come for a preview in person. If you have a match, show it to them. That will really earn their trust in you. Make positive contact, be helpful where you can, go ahead and ask if they have found anyone to help them out with finding their next home yet.

I think you misunderstood me by the way I gave suggestions for the both in the same breath. Regardless, I think direct soliciting of either is the quickest way to turn them off. I also said that. I never suggested doing that. I suggested making their aquaintance through other means.
Limited Rep. clients have their phone #'s listed in the MLS so that strangers don't come knocking on their door for showings. I certainly wouldn't suggest an agent just show up and knock on the door. What a waste of the agents time. There are better ways to find sellers. I hope you don't practice these strategies if you're licensed. If you do someone should report you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals