Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:06 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,312,138 times

Advertisements

So I finally ordered my materials and started looking over it today. Do you really need to know all of that for the state test?! Seems crazy to me. I ordered the online class as there are no actual classroom courses in my area. (was told that is due to lack of interest as of late) So, I am having to do it this way. I have not received my textbook (which I ordered on top of the online thinking I would want someting concrete on hand) Anyway, I was just shocked at the way they just jump right into legal jargen without any explaination. I really with I could do the classroom.
No real point to this post other than to say I am a little confused already, lol! I thought there would be definitions and such first and then get into the complexities...Not so, lol!
I don't see how one can get through it in 3 weeks and still UNDERSTAND it. I think it will take me a bit longer to really read it and comprehend it.
I have always appreciated the good realtors and now do so even more. (and am even more confused how bad realtors get through the courses, lol! SOme that I have met are so...they don't seem to know very much!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 10:56 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,162,378 times
Yeah, take your time with it. Doing it in three weeks is tough! I remember the school that I went to had it traditionally 4 nights a week for 6 weeks, but if you're really ambitious or need it done quickly you could do it in three, but it's all day. I chose the three week course. Then I took a week to study (waiting to take the test). It's just so much memorization! Good luck!

Old 08-10-2008, 10:49 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,729 times
I did it full time in one week, it was like going to work and then studying at night - crazy

but, that was in a classroom setting with people to work with and a great instructor

good luck - it can be daunting,

Old 08-10-2008, 12:54 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,162,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
I did it full time in one week, it was like going to work and then studying at night - crazy

but, that was in a classroom setting with people to work with and a great instructor

good luck - it can be daunting,
How did you do it in only one week? Isn't something like 90 classroom hours?

Old 08-10-2008, 02:50 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,977,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
......... Do you really need to know all of that for the state test?! .........
You need to know all that stuff (and more) to be able to do your job. First thing first, learn (memorize) the jargon. Every profession has it's own jargon and if you don't learn it you will not survive. Remember, the test is the MINIMUM you should know.....your education is just beginning......

Old 08-10-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
You need to know all that stuff (and more) to be able to do your job. First thing first, learn (memorize) the jargon. Every profession has it's own jargon and if you don't learn it you will not survive. Remember, the test is the MINIMUM you should know.....your education is just beginning......
Thanks. I agree I need to know it all, but not really sure why commercial stuff is covered for residential...

Old 08-10-2008, 03:39 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times
I really enjoyed my classes, LIVE, with an experienced instructor.

It was much better than an online course, IMO.
But, stick with it.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:07 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
I'm with Mike on this and can't do the online courses. I find I need the classroom where you can interreact with the teacher & other students.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:15 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,773,822 times
I also felt overwhelmed, especially with all the legal terms. I took the class over several weeks and was stressed out the whole time. Here are a couple things that helped me; I bought an audio cd that goes over mostly everything so when I was in the car, that's all I listened to. I also made flash cards while I was studying, this was great because I would write down what I was reading on an index card and it helped me to memorize it better. Now I have those cards as a quick reference. I also would take the tests, over and over at the end of each chapter, especially the big one at the end.

It's probably harder not being in a class because there's noone to ask a question but you always have the internet. Good luck!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:24 AM

Love the idea about the flash cards! Thanks!
I actually haven't looked at the material since the first chapter/slides...I should get my book today so will set up a study guide/schedule. Didn't want to go on without the book. (That's how I learn...) ANyway, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals