Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 07:54 PM

410 posts, read 1,681,877 times

Advertisements

Let's have some fun...

Mine would have to be .... showing up to a property with buyers in tow ..only to find the owner streaking through the house in a towel!

Yes...I did ring the bell first! Sunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 12:28 PM

33 posts, read 119,511 times
We were showing some extremely expensive houses here, right on the same street of the governors mansion to a very, very wealthy gay couple.

This was a showing where the listing agent wanted to be there. So he meets us there and is like "OKtheownerisherehewillansweranyquestionsyoumighth avegottago!" and then raced out the door. So we are just standing their looking kind of unnerved and proceeded to walk around the house.

So me, being the nosy person I am walk over to one of the bookshelves in the den, because I am always interested in what people are reading, and every single book is either by Anne Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc, ad infinitum."

So then the owner comes in, and immediately the clients are like "Hi!" and introduce themselves. He just kind of stared and you could see the conflict on his face about how he wanted to tell them to get out, but really wanted to sell the house.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brytanica1 View Post
We were showing some extremely expensive houses here, right on the same street of the governors mansion to a very, very wealthy gay couple.

This was a showing where the listing agent wanted to be there. So he meets us there and is like "OKtheownerisherehewillansweranyquestionsyoumighth avegottago!" and then raced out the door. So we are just standing their looking kind of unnerved and proceeded to walk around the house.

So me, being the nosy person I am walk over to one of the bookshelves in the den, because I am always interested in what people are reading, and every single book is either by Anne Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc, ad infinitum."

So then the owner comes in, and immediately the clients are like "Hi!" and introduce themselves. He just kind of stared and you could see the conflict on his face about how he wanted to tell them to get out, but really wanted to sell the house.

...priceless....Sunny

Old 08-12-2008, 03:44 PM

33 posts, read 119,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny57 View Post
...priceless....Sunny

That's not actually the funniest. The funniest I can't share because its a little..off color.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:07 PM

84 posts, read 333,701 times
This is totally not funny but the most odd thing I've ever heard. Another agent in my office was showing a property to a "buyer couple" when the wife died in the upstairs hallway. I can't say I personally have anything that tops this story!

Old 08-14-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiekr View Post
This is totally not funny but the most odd thing I've ever heard. Another agent in my office was showing a property to a "buyer couple" when the wife died in the upstairs hallway. I can't say I personally have anything that tops this story!
I have a vague memory of a story from another agent ...something to do with a buyer having to test out the shower before he would make an offer on the home! Can you imagine...

Never a dull moment...Sunny

Old 08-15-2008, 01:19 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,478 times
I was showing a young couple a home, the owner is home w her two friendly dogs, we go upstairs and the dogs follow us and decided to show us - just whose home this one....

One of the dogs proceeded to take a big old dump on the rug LOL!!!!!!!!!!

ya gotta laugh..... the woman said, is that a sign? I said yeah, let's go.....

Old 08-17-2008, 04:45 PM

91 posts, read 374,539 times
I scheduled a showing with an agent who didn't call her client. We ring the doorbell, no response. Get the key, open the door, which leads directly into the livingroom.... where the owners were enjoying a little afternoon delight, if you know what I mean.

Another time, different clients... showing a property when the husband had to "test the plumbing". 20 minutes later he comes out apologizing as he clogged the comode. Slightly awkward.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:05 PM

105 posts, read 351,580 times
I knocked on a door once and no one came to the door. Knocked again, still no one. Unlocked door with key from lockbox and started the showing. Laughing and joking around, we made out way to the second floor. Got up to 2nd floor and heard a noise. My client and I froze. I said "SSh!! Listen!!! Did you hear that?!" She whispers "What was that?!" I say "Ssh! Listen!!" We stand there frozen! Suddenly we hear the sound of boxes (or something) being tossed around in the attic, like someone was up there! I turned to my client and said "Crap! I think someone's in the house, let's get out of here!" We bolt down the stairs the quiestest and fastest running "tiptoe" you've ever seen! Almost at the bottom of the stairs I twist my ankle but keep running! We get outside and wondered.... was it a person? Or was it something else? A ghost in the attic? (lol) Lord knows, but i still remember this being the only time i ever entered in to someone's house and not realizing someone (or something) was inside, and oanick to run out! Funny thing is, we could have just yelled "hello?? Is someone up there??" and all would have probably been fine. The funny part is that I ran out of the house when I could have finished the showing!

I'll try to think of more funnies.... I know I have some "doozies"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals