Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 06:16 AM

595 posts, read 2,722,685 times

Advertisements

OMG! Thanks for putting this all in perspective! When you are in the midst of it...it keeps you awake at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 06:20 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destin04 View Post
OMG! Thanks for putting this all in perspective! When you are in the midst of it...it keeps you awake at night.
Oh, yeah.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,897,694 times
Oh, for sure. We aren't making light of it, trust me. It just all goes with the territory as you can see.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 AM

410 posts, read 1,682,407 times
This is just a "crazy time" in real estate...it's not you ... it's the market!

Your classes were just the introduction ... the real learning begins in the field. Take a deep breath, regroup....tomorrows a new day...Sunny

Old 08-14-2008, 10:00 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times
it's not you ... it's the market!

Kinda true. Everyone and their mother got a real estate license in 2005 and we are now inundated with agents. And a huge number of savvy buyers do all their own buying and selling using the internet now anyway. I am sitting here going...."she became a realtor in 2008????"

Isn't that like becoming an Atari saleswoman right after Playstation 3 was released?

Old 08-14-2008, 11:30 AM

410 posts, read 1,682,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
it's not you ... it's the market!

Kinda true. Everyone and their mother got a real estate license in 2005 and we are now inundated with agents. And a huge number of savvy buyers do all their own buying and selling using the internet now anyway. I am sitting here going...."she became a realtor in 2008????"

Isn't that like becoming an Atari saleswoman right after Playstation 3 was released?
Beena...I'll agree...there had been a surge into the market place when times were fat. Many of them came for the percieved "fastbuck". But, those in it for that very reason.... are dropping out at an alarming rate....thank god.

This industry... as any other, needs replacements... "us fossils" can't continue to broker homes forever...lol...

My hope is "the cream" will rise to the top and "the sours" will be thrown-out. Sunny

Old 08-14-2008, 11:51 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
We all get hit with that once in a while. You must be talking about United Title. The employees just showed up to work one day and the doors were locked. They HAVE to clear that up legally, so it may take a couple weeks, but it'll get done. If your closer over there has any type of book of business, one of the other companies will snatch them up and bring their closings with them.

We've all had issues. I've got a $3 million deal that I'm holding together by the skin of my teeth due to inept lenders, but it's just part of the business. Don't get discouraged. Fight through this one and you'll get a nice big win. The best Realtors fight through these times and come out the other side much more knowledgeable.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:38 PM

595 posts, read 2,722,685 times
Yes...I am talking about United Title. My favorite closer went to another Title Co. and that is who is going to handle this closing. She called me today and told me that my buyers money may be released next week sometime. YEAH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals