Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:10 PM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbassadorNY View Post
Absolutely unbelievable to be reading how you are all slammed! I'm in NY and I am DEAD here! No showings on listings and no buyer calls at ALL! I'm moving to where you guys are!
I wish I could tell you I was slammed all summer, NOT the case. It's really just been the past month of being busy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 03:29 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,307,357 times
We've been about the same throughout the summer. I've just about covered the overhead every month this year and it drives me nuts. Either break me or reward me with some profits

Just getting one foreclosure closed with the bank, buyer out of state was a major time waster. Now I've got a WAMU foreclosure working and I'm not looking forward to that either.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:10 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
The last 2 weeks for me have been with (2 different) FTHBs. Hard work, lots of fun and very rewarding...

Old 08-19-2008, 05:55 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,081 times
July was a big month for me, Taking it easy in august. Just a few buyers I'm keeping in contact with, and putting together new marketing systems, So I'll be ready to go full tilt again in Sept.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:11 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,928,027 times
Summer is normally a slow traffic time in southwest Florida. We're seeing more buyer inquiries.
We just had one of our sellers do a large price drop on a waterfront property and we may actually see a bidding war. People have been "watching" the property for a while and now it's priced where they see it as a deal.
One couple that came to Sunday's open house was just about in tears, they wanted to buy waterfront but didn't feel they could afford it so they bought off water.
Our market is really all about price.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:10 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,303,217 times
Have my first "real" multiple offer sitaution developing today...a first for me on a residential listing since I entered the market in a slow time as an active agent.

So far, three written offers. Two more expected by days end. A "fixer" property, well-priced and great location. I was in and out of the property all day yesterday and this morning, in the office reviewing offers this afternoon...

So this is more what it's like to be "busy" ??!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals