Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 06:02 AM

498 posts, read 853,967 times

Advertisements

Hello Pros!

I have my mom's condo for sale FSBO, but it's on MLS, Centralized Showing Services, and has lock boxes (outside and inside doors). Hallelulia - we have two showings this weekend! When should I call the Realtors to follow up? One showing was Saturday morning and the other is this afternoon. I will supposedly get e-mail feedback from CSS, but I'd like to talk to the Realtors and have a chance to "sell" them on the condo, you know? "They were concerned about storage? Don't forget about the separate keyed 4' x 6' storage room." "They wanted ceiling fans? While none are installed, it is wired for them in the living room and bedroom." That sort of thing.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 06:20 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,926,944 times
Follow the example of the realtors in my area. Start calling 10 minutes before the showing

Seriously don't wait to long following the showings, the longer you wait the less clear the realtors memory about your property. Remember your property my not be the only one being shown.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:37 AM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,584 times
I prefer not getting any phone calls from the listing agent or the owner. If I get a call ten minutes before showing I'm not going to want to respond because I'm probably going to be with my buyers and have nothing to say other than I'll provide feedback, if requested, later that day after I've finished showing homes to my buyers.
Additionally, I prefer not getting any calls after I show the house but would rather respond with an email response. The house will sell itself or it won't. If my buyers have questions I'll get in touch with the seller or listing agent to get answers. If I'm showing ten to fifteen house in a day to buyers I don't want to be interrupted with ten to fifteen phone calls while I've got my buyers in the car.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:19 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,729 times
wowo great teamwork! I thought we were all in this together to help each other, I guess I was wrong, isnt it our jobs to want to sell homes and condos? While it might not be your listing, please for goodness sake, have some decency.

I would call the following morning - I try to call each agent that shows my listings the following day.

good luck in selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post
I prefer not getting any phone calls from the listing agent or the owner. If I get a call ten minutes before showing I'm not going to want to respond because I'm probably going to be with my buyers and have nothing to say other than I'll provide feedback, if requested, later that day after I've finished showing homes to my buyers.
Additionally, I prefer not getting any calls after I show the house but would rather respond with an email response. The house will sell itself or it won't. If my buyers have questions I'll get in touch with the seller or listing agent to get answers. If I'm showing ten to fifteen house in a day to buyers I don't want to be interrupted with ten to fifteen phone calls while I've got my buyers in the car.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:41 AM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
wowo great teamwork! I thought we were all in this together to help each other, I guess I was wrong, isnt it our jobs to want to sell homes and condos? While it might not be your listing, please for goodness sake, have some decency.

I would call the following morning - I try to call each agent that shows my listings the following day.

good luck in selling
I respond to every written request for feedback with accurate information from my clients. I prefer not getting phone calls from the listing agent while I am with my clients showing houses. My focus is on my clients when I am with them. When I get home that evening, after being with my clients all day, is the time I use to provide feedback and I would rather do that in writing. I'm not sure how this doesn't promote 'teamwork'. When I'm representing a buyer part of my job is to help them find the house they want and not to sell a particular house that someone else has on the market. I'm not sure what is indecent about that. If my clients have questions about a listing I will call the listing agent to get answers. I much prefer responding to requests for feedback by email. I can do it at a time that is not only convenient for me but I can also review my notes so that I can provide accurate feedback. This works well for me and my clients and they appreciate our time together not being interrupted by phone calls.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:45 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,895,230 times
What the heck does that mean? Having preferences on when/how you would give feedback has nothing to do with not being a team player and certainly NOTHING to do with decency. Just because gbone or anyone else isn't on YOUR time table doesn't mean they aren't a team player. Calling right after the showing is an inconvenience. First off, I'm probably still with the customers, I'm not answering my phone....they are my focus, not your curiosity. 2nd, if I have questions, I'm calling you while I'm at the property or while I am sitting with the customers talking about their choices.
If you're an agent, email me for feedback...I could have shown 8 houses...you think I need 8 phone calls from agents?

To the OP: If there are issues with the property that you think may come up, then tell the agent when they call to make the appointment. Or, leave brochures (without your information) on the counter with the highlights, extras, etc that you would like to point out or clarify. Be prepared that many agents do not 'do feedback' for various different reasons.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:29 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,926,944 times
I need to revise my original post, I was running around getting ready for a showing... When I'm with a customer/client I will not answer my phone unless it's convenient. I prefer to respond to feed back requests via email or fax, I do that in my "down time".
Many sellers want feedback, but should realize that much of what a buyer will find as a negative the seller has no way to change.
The feedback that is useful is price and property condition, ideas about preparing the house for a showing.
You can't easily change the size of the closets, the openness of the floor plan, the neighborhood, the age of the property.

Plus the time to "sell" the property to a Realtor is before it's shown. That's why we do broker opens, why we network, so we can let other Realtors know about our listed properties. Once I see a property I know if it's a "shinny penny".

Old 08-31-2008, 09:33 AM

15,572 posts, read 40,413,812 times
I agree with FLBob that you need to sell the agent before the showing. I would be completely not interested in having you "sell" me your listing after a showing. The buyer already has an impression of the home.

I detest when agents call me 30 minutes after a showing because I am typically still with my clients. I much prefer email rather than phone calls because I have looked at a lot of houses with my clients and I need to look at the MLS photos to jog my memory. If I'm in the car when agents call and they just give me the address, it is not helpful. If I've looked at 20 homes between the showing and phone call, I have no idea which house they are talking about.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:05 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,423,134 times
How do *you* have your Mom's condo for sale?

I hate feedback calls. You are using my time, my life, and my cell phone minutes.

The only feedback I need is an offer.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:45 PM

43,269 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
How do *you* have your Mom's condo for sale?

I hate feedback calls. You are using my time, my life, and my cell phone minutes.

The only feedback I need is an offer.
A sense of "Feedback Entitlement" seems to be more pervasive currently. A written offer, with a preapproval letter and an EMD, is the only feedback really worth a bucket of spit.

Feedback solicitation calls say, "What ever you were going to offer, take $10,000 off it. Please. We are desperate."

I know agents who consider giving feedback to be a compromise of their client's position, particularly if the client has any interest in the property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals