Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 04:43 PM

216 posts, read 913,009 times

Advertisements

We lucked out and got the BEST buyer agent in the universe! At least we think so

We tell her all the time how fantastic she is and how much we love her and appreciate everything she has done for us.

We would like to buy her a nice thank you gift for all her hard work.

So realtors, what would you consider to be a nice, thoughtful gift that let you know that your buyers really recognized and appreciated everything you did?

We truly feel like the luckiest people in the world and credit her for getting us the house we are closing on next week. She deserves every penny of her commission, but also we want to give her something additional to show our appreciation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 04:58 PM

250 posts, read 991,543 times
REFERRALS! that's the best gift you can give - or a gas card! Glad to hear someone on here is grateful for their agent.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:25 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Gas Card!!!!! Yes!!! And of course the referrals as Sarah Maske stated!! Any type of gift certificate is appreciated also. You must also have been great to work with!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 05:34 PM

253 posts, read 1,181,591 times
I have one that I love too - after I close I was considering giving a $100 to my favorite restaurant (which I know he likes too). The gas card is a great idea - too bad we don't have any in Atlanta right now!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:32 PM

Thanks for the ideas - I hadn't even considered a gas card, but that is a fantastic idea! I will absolutely refer her to anyone I know that is looking to buy or sell. Thanks!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:37 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,839,562 times
Mia, how about taking your money and putting towards a house warming pary for yourself, and invite your agent. At your party, introduce her to as many friends and neighbors as possible and tell them what a great agent she is!! With luck, she will be handing out her card and getting names and numbers of folks to add to her sphere....

shelly

Old 09-25-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellytc View Post
Mia, how about taking your money and putting towards a house warming pary for yourself, and invite your agent. At your party, introduce her to as many friends and neighbors as possible and tell them what a great agent she is!! With luck, she will be handing out her card and getting names and numbers of folks to add to her sphere....

shelly
Shelly,

Thanks! That is a great idea! Maybe we'll do that as well. We are moving into a neighborhood full of people our age with lots of kids around, so we'd really like to make friends with them. A housewarming party would be so nice and of course I will invite our realtor.

I could go on and on about all the extra, special things she did and how she helped us and just did things I never would have expected or even hoped for. We really also want to give her something, along with a card just to be sure she knows how AWESOME she is.

Thanks for all the ideas. I'm glad I asked here!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:03 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,758 times
How wonderful you had a great experience! Your agent sounds like a pleasure to work with. And so do you, by the way.
I have received all kinds of things from perfume to fruit baskets. Anything I have received I have appreciated. It was the thought that they were that pleased with me that really counted. Nothing like that to put a smile on your face.

The best to you in your new home and neighborhood! Congrats.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:21 PM

140 posts, read 404,724 times
The best gift would be to post there name all over the internet with good notes. It will help them get more business next time a buyer is searching the internet.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-RE-Broker View Post
The best gift would be to post there name all over the internet with good notes. It will help them get more business next time a buyer is searching the internet.
Great Idea! Are there any specific websites that would be best for this? Otherwise, I'm not sure where to post this......

I do love the idea though, just need to know where to start with it. Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals