Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 01:09 PM

528 posts, read 1,462,384 times

Advertisements

For the realtors or anyone else with experience hearing back from your realtors...

Can you tell me, if a party is interested in a house that they looked at, how long does it take for that interest to come back to the selling realtor? Is it normal to hear right away or does it depend?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 01:18 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes4birds View Post
For the realtors or anyone else with experience hearing back from your realtors...

Can you tell me, if a party is interested in a house that they looked at, how long does it take for that interest to come back to the selling realtor? Is it normal to hear right away or does it depend?

Thanks!
In this market probably a little more time as the mentality is..."There might be a better deal just around the corner." Versus when we bought our home and three of us with our agents showed up to view the home at the same time. In that case, we notified the seller's agent moments after we left the home to expect on offer.

A good agent should be contacting the buyer's agent for each and every showing for feedback and then relay that info to you. This should happen within 24 hours or less. If it is not, you probably don't have a good agent.

My 02 cents.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:14 PM

528 posts, read 1,462,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
In this market probably a little more time as the mentality is..."There might be a better deal just around the corner." Versus when we bought our home and three of us with our agents showed up to view the home at the same time. In that case, we notified the seller's agent moments after we left the home to expect on offer.

A good agent should be contacting the buyer's agent for each and every showing for feedback and then relay that info to you. This should happen within 24 hours or less. If it is not, you probably don't have a good agent.

My 02 cents.
Our realtor contacted us, but the realtor who showed our house (from another company) has not yet gotten back to our realtor. Our realtor has tried contacting the other realtor twice to no avail. I'm wondering if the other realtor is stalling temporarily on purpose...maybe b/c (for example) they're waiting to view another house or some other reason.

I know, I'm being TOTALLY anxious....

Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
I wouldn't sweat it. While I'm sure many realtors convey feedback to sellers agents it probably isn't a top priority for the buyer's agent to respond to every request for feedback they get. Even if you get feedback, it may not be very useful. Something like "The liked the house, but just started looking" is a favorite I suspect.

Good luck!

Old 10-08-2008, 03:43 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
It IS so frustrating to be a seller! I ALWAYS give feedback on all my showings but I am amazed at the Realtors that do not. I used to make a joke of it and tell my sellers that either the Agent is writing our offer up and is so busy that she can't respond to the feedback request or they just ain't interested!!!

I have tried sending out a 2nd report and then calling but I get no response. Just rude.

Yesterday I showed a house that my buyers liked. That afternoon, we went back a 2nd time. I notified the agent that we were narrowing down from two houses to the one we were going to choose. We then wrote up our offer. This house had been on the market 230 days and I'm sure the seller was thrilled! Unfortunately for her, she sold the house for about $10,000 less than what she paid for it a year ago.

When a buyer is interested and they are ready and able to buy, they will buy. Some buyers move slowly and some move very quickly. I've had buyers tell me they liked house #1 and would write up an offer the next day and then when we met, they had changed to house #2. You can rush it, as much as we'd like to. Everyone moves at their own pace...some are just slower than the rest of us!!!

Vicki

Old 10-08-2008, 09:18 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,147,991 times
If the showing occurs on the weekend, I normally will not contact the buyer's agent until Monday. Many agents are showing homes during the weekend, or trying to spend some time with their family. If I catch them at a better time, they will normally be a bit more relaxed and I can get more information that will benefit my client.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals