Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2007, 08:24 PM

47 posts, read 165,616 times

Advertisements

Is there not any required training that realtors must take to learn about home inspections?

I have found many realtors that did not know that inspectors must follow the states standards of practice. (many states have one, I am familiar with NC and SC and some others, all are very similar)

Many realtors think that only structural issues should be reported when the total repairs needed on non-structural items might be over $6,000 on a particular house.

I am willing to help any realtors that have questions, just pm or email.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 09:15 PM

Location: Lakeville, MN - 4th nicest place in the nation to raise a family
285 posts, read 1,178,596 times
I know what you're talking about! I had one agent tell me that the slanted doorway was how they built them back then... Ugghh...

I love my inspector - does a great job and keeps me informed. Myself, I'm a Realtor who grew up doing residential construction through middle school, high school, and college. I've got an eye for construction practices and missteps.

Although there is certification in Minnesota, I don't believe it is required. That's unfortunate. I'd love to have a standardization for the industry - at least to protect the consumer.

Robert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals