Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:44 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhall1 View Post
I get the sothebys mags for free since my company is their exclusive real estate affliate in the state. I think my office gets about 100 of those per issue, and they are almost never taken for our lobby.

That certainly is an interesting gift. I'm trying to think what I can get my seller that is moving out the area that had her home on for 10 months with someone else and I sold in 2 weeks.
Many of my (past) clients get an annual Entertainment Book - something that's used year-round.
For your seller who's moving, maybe you can call the company and get a copy for the area she's moving to; it would be a good way to get to know some of the local vendors, etc. and try them at a discount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 11:49 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhomemyterms View Post
2B... Would you not rather post your listings on a website that would charge you just one flat rate per year for unlimited usage of the site? If it is so costly to work with MLS why do so many agents continue to work on the site as much?
You need to just google MLS or search some of the threads on here. You don't understand what MLS is and I don't feel like taking the time to explain it again.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,245 times
I am disappointed in errors and lack of professionalism in the MLS listing, and it took 7 days for photos to appear (after I emailed her) and then almost three weeks for the description to be included, I kept telling her it was not there but she thought it was. The photos were very poor quality, and we retook some and she changed them up, but still they were disappointing. She said it was the MLS website's errors, and I now realise that her office offers her no support. Can I get out of the contract, she wants us to lower the house price, but I do not want to go as low as she now suggests.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:58 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaKitchener View Post
I am disappointed in errors and lack of professionalism in the MLS listing, and it took 7 days for photos to appear (after I emailed her) and then almost three weeks for the description to be included, I kept telling her it was not there but she thought it was. ...
Unless you are logging directly in the the same MLS system that your agent uses, you are not getting the latest listing information. You need to be aware that the "MLS" is different than the public websites you may be looking at that show information from an MLS. It may take days or longer for those external sites to get and update information from the MLS database. However, the MLS itself is updated immediately as soon as an agent adds a listing or makes a change.

The listing information is only as good (or bad) as what the agent enters. As far as "getting out of the contract" you need to discuss that with your agent.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 624 times
My questions are: Why are there so many different prices to be listed on the MLS? From $99 to $399 for six months, plus a negotiated percentage to the buyer agent seems like a big range. What's the difference? Are there different levels of MLS?

Old 10-23-2015, 10:12 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin Bob View Post
My questions are: Why are there so many different prices to be listed on the MLS? From $99 to $399 for six months, plus a negotiated percentage to the buyer agent seems like a big range. What's the difference? Are there different levels of MLS?
Most MLSs do not charge members for entering individual listings.
What you are seeing is the fee that a member may charge a seller to enter their house. It is a competitive business.
As always, if you get multiple quotes from MLS agents, and you think you can get equal service for less money, you might consider the economics of your transaction.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:40 AM

11,827 posts, read 34,436,540 times
MLS membership is all or nothing. The level of service for brokerage services is some to more than depending on state requirements and the individual brokerages.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:33 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin Bob View Post
Competition. It creates different fees charged by different brokerages.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:34 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,665,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Just curious, how much does it cost to list a home in the MLS? Do they charge per week or month? Per picture?

It REALLY depends on the MLS. Each MLS is set up differently, depending on what the agents in that area felt suited their needs.

In our area, it is free for an agent to post a listing on MLS. We only pay when it sells (no fee for leases). However, when it sells, both the listing agent AND the buyers agent has to pay the MLS a fee of .0012 of the sales price -- in other words, $120.00 for every $100,000 in value. It adds up FAST. We are limited to 25 photos per listing in our MLS.

However, we have a very good MLS with great technology and benefits. I've seen other MLS's that charge an annual fee, but the process was stuck back in the 90's.

Every single MLS is different.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 449 times
I was told that the multiple listing services costs 2 grand is his true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals