Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:42 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAriba View Post
Also according to Mr Goodpasture the "Blending Approach" to value will become more and more into the mainstream of real estate valuation, however, I could not find any mention in the Freqenuently Asked Questions of the 2008-2009 edition.
What part of USPAP do you understand? Obviously not the basic concept of it. Otherwise you would not be looking in USPAP for answers of that nature.

There comes a time when trying to address theory doesn't take. Apparently it has with you.
You were given a reference, given the publisher and told where the publisher is located. Buy the book and study it. Fannie Mae does not accept it because they have to verify through their AVM's. But then Fannie usually does not accept unique or mixed use properties so their guidelines do not apply. As far as your equating the morttgage meltdown with what is being taught in appraisal schools across the country, I am taking your comments as being from one who is a really ignorant individaual without any significant training or education in the field he is trying to discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAriba View Post
Why?
Because you are coming very close to libel. So go easy.

I can tell that you have some knowledge of appraising/lending issues, but some of the items you bring up make it obvious that you are not well versed in them.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 PM

220 posts, read 748,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Fannie Mae does not accept it because they have to verify through their AVM's. But then Fannie usually does not accept unique or mixed use properties so their guidelines do not apply.
Amen! So I guess your quote, "loan officers, managers, and real estate professionals should expect to see these "Blended Approaches to value become more and more into the mainstream of real estate valuation" was misleading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
As far as your equating the mortgage meltdown with what is being taught in appraisal schools across the country, I am taking your comments as being from one who is a really ignorant individual without any significant training or education in the field he is trying to discuss.
Please quote me where I made that statement? There you go again, when you cannot articulate your position/point you fall back on name-calling. Very productive!

Maybe it is time for you to step back and read your opening quote from your friend.
Quote:
I think many very senior appraisers operate the same way. They have good interpersonal skills and highly-developed political acumen. They use these skills to get a foot in the door for high-level assignments, then parlay those assignments into professional recognition whether they were done correctly or not. The main problem arises when these people start to believe their own propaganda. Then they write articles, and the rank and file believe what they say because of their "credentials" and who they know. Thus, fiction and bad practice become reality and peer practice, e.g., across-the-fence theory, and the three *independent" approaches mantra."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Because you are coming very close to libel. So go easy.
What are you talking about? Asking or challenging answers to questions in a forum is now libel? You must be kidding or are you an attorney? However, if you are an appraiser you better get a thicker skin.

Quote:
In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel, slander, and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. Slander refers to a malicious, false, and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images.
Maybe you should re-read Mr Goodpasture’s posts and the name calling!

Last edited by RonAriba; 01-03-2009 at 09:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals